Crank Bearing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
OK soon my motor is getting sent to Quebec to get a new crank bearing pressed on and the cylinder getting bored out. I have one question about the crank bearing. I hear that most racers drill more holes in there crank bearing so it allows more oil to get into the bearing and faster providing the bearing with longer life. Since Yamaha is know for having the bearings wear out fast. I was wondering if I would be able to get this done to my new bearings by myself or would I have to ask the company to do it for me. Because I'm not sure if it would have to be centered and or measured so it would be balanced or not.

dont take your crank apart letsome one who noes what they are doing do it cause its got to ballanced just right for it to run right um about the drilling throught the crank i would not do it cause the crank will be off ballance just have the crank rebuilt and dont worry about doing anything eles to the crank just my thought

ok man yea. I'm taking the engine apart but the bearing is getting pressed in by pro and the same with boring out the jug and possibly the port and polish. We have reconsidered the idea about drilling the holes because it would have to be micro-balanced and **** like that I don't know of anyone who can do that kind of stuff.

Back