Clutch Engagement

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TozeKituki

Reaction score
Hi.

So.. My Warrior, is with some weird problem that I will start to explain.

More or less 4 weeks ago my clutch was spinning so I changed the Clutch Disks and everything was running great again.

But, 2 weeks ago I was riding and I had to make a sudden stop and I stopped at 3rd gear and when I was trying to go from 3rd to 1st I noticed that I could not engage any gear without releasing the clutch till the biting point.

It was like this :

3rd gear (Clutch in) -> Pedal down -> (Release the clutch till the biting point)----> 2nd gear Engages

And I had to do this till I reach 1st gear.

This doesn´t happen when the motor is cold.
When the motor is cold I get that " Clicking " when passing from neutral to first without having to release the clutch to the biting point, But if I do that when the motor is Hot I will probably have to do the process that I mentioned.

And I have other clutch problems like :
- Motor stalling when I stop with first gear engaged and clutch in.
- Sometimes when I try to go from 1st to 2nd gear I get stuck in Neutral.

Anyways, any help is welcome.
Good rides for everyone :atv:

What oil are you running? Did you soak the clutch packs before installing?

I have a small groove worn into my clutch basket and it causes this issue sometimes when the clutch lever isn't over adjusted to compensate. Basically, I pulled some slack out of my clutch lever to accommodate for the issue.

My lever is now out of adjustment, and really hard to pull as compared to before, but I can bang thru the gears no problem. However I cant get into neutral unless I shut the motor off.

Or when replacing the disks, did you replace the basket too?

I have a small groove worn into my clutch basket and it causes this issue sometimes when the clutch lever isn't over adjusted to compensate. Basically, I pulled some slack out of my clutch lever to accommodate for the issue.

My lever is now out of adjustment, and really hard to pull as compared to before, but I can bang thru the gears no problem. However I cant get into neutral unless I shut the motor off.

Or when replacing the disks, did you replace the basket too?

No I have not changed the basket, I´ve heard that it can cause this if it has any damage but when I changed the clutch disks I looked to it and everything seemed fine.

I really have no idea what it can be, I´ve searched in internet but I cant find anything, maybe not the best keywords.

No I have not changed the basket, I´ve heard that it can cause this if it has any damage but when I changed the clutch disks I looked to it and everything seemed fine.

I really have no idea what it can be, I´ve searched in internet but I cant find anything, maybe not the best keywords.

I would need to see it. The grooves are almost unnoticeable to the untrained eye and theyre in between the "fingers"

Back