Cleaning the lenses

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might be oxidized like plastic car headlights get after they're in the sun for a few years. When the lenses get oxidized they only get yellowed on the surface, and there are kits at most auto parts stores to remove it. I never tried the kits myself so I can't say for sure that they work, but it might be worth a try. I think the kits come with some buffing wheels for a drill and some kind of polish and wax.

start peeing behind your quad .. ;D of couse your pipe might get yellow then.... just kidding .. use brake kleen or carb cleaner and a rag

A rag wouldn't help unless your headlights are just dirty. If they're yellowed you actually have to remove a thin film of oxidized plastic to get them clear again.

DONT USE PAINT THINNER! it makes clear plastic turn cloudy white! Those kits I just told you about aren't expensive, i think they were 10 or 15 bucks. I think any solvent that will be strong enough to take the oxidiation off will also damage the lense, so i wouldn't try anything unless it's made for clear plastic.

the same thing happened to my brothers dodge meon

take the finest grit sand paper you could possibly find and sand away and finish it off with some wax

Back