clamp on

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tistheman5

Reaction score
so yea imd probobly gunna buy one tomorow, my question is were do i get one, i know noss has a nice one but is there any cheaper? and do i get K&N or uni. need to know asap thanx guys ;)

It matters what type of riding you do. You see, a K&N is a paperlike material, and a UNI is foam. The UNI will block more dust from getting threw it, and also other stuff. A UNI is moreless meant to be for dirtier riding. A K&N lets more airflow threw, therefore, it lets more dirt threw. If you do a lot of muddy, dirty riding, i would recommend the UNI.

A K&N filter is also more matenence, you cannot just throw it into the sink with some some and wash it, you need special oils and cleaners to clean them correctly. With a UNI, it is much like your stock filter, throw it in the sink and wash it.

If you get the foam, UNI filter, i would recommend getting the UNI Foam Airfilter Oil though, it helps a lot.

Hope i helped ::)

I ride in extremely dusty/dirty conditions with a K&N clamp on, no lid, & an Outerwears; if oiled correctly a K&N does just fine at stopping debris from entering your motor. They offer the best gain and I have been running one since 2001 with no problems. When I upgraded my piston from stock there was no evidence indicating anything abnormal entering the motor...

When the sun is shining here the dirt turns into a fine powder getting kicked up in the air by the tires making it so dusty that it's hard to see a few feet in front of you very frequently (and if you don't have goggles your eyes get gunked to ****); this is a good test and proof enough for me. The task of cleaning a K&N isn't hard at all - you buy a recharger kit that comes with cleaner and spray on oil, they cost 9$, do multiple cleanings, and are readily available at your local Walmart, Auto Supplies store, or dealer.

well alright i guess il be getting the K&N with the outerware and ill go buy one of the recharger kits. seems no one knows anywere elts cheaper so ill be buying through noss.
thanks niggers

haha i think u would say alittle more than that if you were black

In my family we are actually african/american, I don't like what you just said. I hope admins will do something about this.

Back