Cheap Suspension Upgrades:

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000wolvy

Reaction score
It seems that most of the Raptor 660 guys are upgrading their shocks which lets us buy there old ones for fairly cheap. The Factory Raptor 660 shocks are great on the front of the Wolvy. Exact same shock length but different valving and longer travel. Direct bolt up.

any info on how the ride changes with the different valving? Seems to me that the Raptor shocks are built for a considerably lighter front end, and might take more abuse than they are meant for on a 4x4.

They work great even with the extra weight of the wolverine. I actually have a winch on the front as well. The raptor suspension is setup for highspeed riding and actually is a little stiffer than the stock wolverines. I have the preload set on the 2nd lowest setting and I absolutely love the shocks on my wolverine.

Really?! You have peaked my interest, any word on the rear shock, or is it just the fronts that can be changed out?

Just the fronts. The rear raptor shock has a different lower link. The factory rear wolverine shock does alright, I have it on the 3rd lowest preload setting I believe.

When I get my 450 back from the shop I will have to see if I the shocks can be swapped between them as well.

Whatever we do, lets not be bidding against each other on Ebay for these things and running up the prices... :lol:

The front YFZ 450 shocks will bolt on the wolverine but the reservors hit the fendors when compressed.

Im not sure about the new wolverines, If I had one I would check!

I have a set of raptor 660 front shocks on my 2003. They do bolt up easily and I have not had a problem bottoming out. The only real difference that I noticed was a smoother ride when I am going over a lot of small bumps like tree roots or on a gravel drive that has the large (fist sized) stones.

I actually had a buddy buy a set of yfz shocks for his raptor so before he put them on I tried the yfz shocks on the wolvy and then got hold of his stock raptor shocks after he put on the yfz's. The raptor ones one my wolvy ride better than the yfz ones on his raptor.

since the stock shocks work would after market shocks work also??

This weekend I met up with a guy who has a 01 raptor and the front shocks look like they may bolt up to the newer wolvies but without actually doing it wouldn't find out where the problems would be.(they seem to be longer, mounts look the same).

Looking to replace shocks on 2004 Wolve

I see that the Raptor 660 shocks will work with the wolverine. I have a 2004 and was wondering if anyone knows what year I should be looking for to replace these? I also see on Ebay that there are some with reservoir, not sure if those would work and/or if they provide any better value?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back