Carb Replacement Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truck Norris

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m pretty sure this is my first post but I have been lurking the forum for the last couple years that I’ve had my warrior. I have had constant trouble with carbs since I’ve gotten the quad. It is a stock 03 warrior 350. When I got it, it had been sitting for several years because it was originally purchased by a ranch and as you can imagine it wasn’t a very well suited work horse.

Anyways when I first got it, I cleaned the carb several times and was never able to get the quad to run with it. I then purchased a remanufactured oem carb from eBay and it worked pretty well. I would get running issues very often that would usually be solved by cleaning the carb. This was not after long periods of sitting it seems like every few rides the carb needs cleaned. I tore the carb down to clean it good to get ready for quad season and I have stripped out the flathead spot on one of the jets. I’m tired of these carb issues and it seems there are many better options out there.

What I am needing help with is which one to get and where to get it. I would prefer to get a kit like Duncan Racing offers. The problem with that kit is that it seems to be only for heavily heavily modded warriors. My warrior is bone stock but I don’t plan on keeping it that way forever.
What I’m looking for is a carb that is easy to clean/tune and will work well on a stock warrior but will also work well with moderate mods. In the future I plan on getting a full exhaust, pro flow intake, some sort of bottom/mid cam, valves and porting. Probably a high comp piston as well. But most of those mods won’t be for quite sometime. I need a carb that will work with a stock bike but will also be well suited for the mods I listed above.

Thanks for any and all help and advice.

I would go with either a Mikuni VM36/38 round slide, or an FCR from the YFZ450. :tup:

Hey guys, I’m pretty sure this is my first post but I have been lurking the forum for the last couple years that I’ve had my warrior. I have had constant trouble with carbs since I’ve gotten the quad. It is a stock 03 warrior 350. When I got it, it had been sitting for several years because it was originally purchased by a ranch and as you can imagine it wasn’t a very well suited work horse.

Anyways when I first got it, I cleaned the carb several times and was never able to get the quad to run with it. I then purchased a remanufactured oem carb from eBay and it worked pretty well. I would get running issues very often that would usually be solved by cleaning the carb. This was not after long periods of sitting it seems like every few rides the carb needs cleaned. I tore the carb down to clean it good to get ready for quad season and I have stripped out the flathead spot on one of the jets. I’m tired of these carb issues and it seems there are many better options out there.

What I am needing help with is which one to get and where to get it. I would prefer to get a kit like Duncan Racing offers. The problem with that kit is that it seems to be only for heavily heavily modded warriors. My warrior is bone stock but I don’t plan on keeping it that way forever.
What I’m looking for is a carb that is easy to clean/tune and will work well on a stock warrior but will also work well with moderate mods. In the future I plan on getting a full exhaust, pro flow intake, some sort of bottom/mid cam, valves and porting. Probably a high comp piston as well. But most of those mods won’t be for quite sometime. I need a carb that will work with a stock bike but will also be well suited for the mods I listed above.

Thanks for any and all help and advice.

i like the kit from duncan racing. i had it on my warrior when i had stock piston with a hot cam stage 1 and it worked great. its super easy to tune and work on. i now have mine bored to 366 with a je 10.5 piston, ported head, and webb 430 cam, i had to mess with the jetting on the carb but it still works great.

what about a TM 34? what is so great about the VM 34-38? or FCR carb off the 450? any carb in that mm range should work right? as long as it mounts up? Im not seeing where people are getting the manifold to fit the warrior head.......... even the warrior specific kits dont seem to show one.

Back