Carb prob

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
OK before I take the whole carbuerator apart I want to know what affects my low throttle opening because when I try to wheelie it just bogs. And it has a hard time starting without the choke. I'm thinking its the pilot screw but im not sure. I dont really wanna mess around with the carb too much, and i dont wanna take it to the dealer just yet. My pilot screw is turned out 2 and half turns. My idle screw has set the RPM to 1600. I havent messed with the main jet or the float or anything. I dont know about the previous owners.

Sounds like the accelarator pump isnt working right or hardly at all.
I'd check it first. Make sure its returning to the up postion. If not
Put a spring in there from a pen. The one in there is weak and lets that plunger stick.
With some gas left in the bowl ya can work the throttle and see if its actually squirten some fuel through out the carb (dont look down carb so ya dont shoot ya eye)

Sounds like the accelarator pump isnt working right or hardly at all.
I'd check it first. Make sure its returning to the up postion. If not
Put a spring in there from a pen. The one in there is weak and lets that plunger stick.
With some gas left in the bowl ya can work the throttle and see if its actually squirten some fuel through out the carb (dont look down carb so ya dont shoot ya eye)

thanks a lot for your help Ill try it tommorow and see.

Yea, those carbs aren't cheap. I got a SMOKING deal on mine and i love that thing. Cake to adjust and looks very sweet.

I got mine all worked out also................I must say, They are worth the money.
I was going to get mine from D&T Dyno. But htey gave me the run around.

I called Denise at BarnumsPro. They shipped it to my door for 360.
I'm pretty sure thats a few bucks cheaper than there website even said.
So I was pleased and they shipped in pretty quick. ESPECIALLY when the rest of the world said it was on backorder!!!!!!!! Denise picked it up from Edel. themselves. At least thats what she said.

Ya......... the last one i seen on e-bay went for 230.
They dont seem to come around that often.

Back