Carb leaks gas!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorsrawesome

Reaction score
Whenever fuel is flowing through the carb, it always leaks gas whether I'm riding or the quad is parked. It comes right out the tube on the very bottom of the carb. Of course, it empties the float bowl and then continues leaking because it tries to fill the bowl again. This is really annoying because the machine is constantly wasting gas. I tried plugging that tube, but then the quad would not start. So is there anything I can do to get it to stop leaking? This is really annoying because I constantly have to turn off the fuel flow when I park it, haul it, etc. I've had 2 other quads with this problem, an 87 Honda 250X and an 85 Yamaha Moto-4 200. But my 89 Moto-4 200 and 06 Baja 250 never did this. What is going on?

float is not adjusted properly, float is sticking or the needle valve isnt sealing all the way and its letting fuel continue to flow in then pouring out of the overflow tube.

take the carb off and clean it and inspect all the pieces in the bowl area. also while you have the carb off make sure the drain screw in the bottom of the bowl is seated.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll clean the carb really good when I have it off for jetting. If it still leaks I'll get a brand new needle and seat.

So is that tube an overflow tube or drain tube? If it's an overflow I can understand why the quad won't start with it plugged.

fixed?

hey Guys,

New member, I have this same problem, I know this is an old thread, but were you able to find the cause and get it fixed?

Thanks croc4

Yep float sticking, or bad needle or seat.
Sometimes in the past for a temp fix you can tap on the side of the bowl to get the float to unstick.
$0.02

Hello. If you need help in the end with this, let me know. I specialize in Warrior carburetors and have built over 450 of them. I offer a 30 day full satisfaction warranty as well. See my eBay auctions #190725904075.
Drop me a PM if you need assistance, I'm glad to help.

fixed

I fixed mine by replacing the needle and seat as well as a new float.

The new float was most likely not needed, but decided to do it anyway since I was replacing the o-ring gasket and giving the carb a general cleaning / upgrade.

croc4

I’ve got a brand new carb and this is happening, how do you fix it on a new carb?

Take appart and bent the little tab up or down so it stops. Leave the carb in place just adjust as needed. Turn on fuel and it will either stop if your float is parallel to carb housing. If not it will overflow. Cant figure this out let a shop help you as by this point it povrs you shouldn't work on toys

Back