carb issues?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92Warrior1

Reaction score
Need some help! I have a 92 Warrior that has turned out to be a bit of a lemon so far. I just replaced the rubber intake manifold with a new OEM and now the machine wont idle choke off. It was running with the old one but idle was very high. I have cleaned the carb twice and rebuilt with a MOOSE Racing rebuild kit. I also blasted the carb very well with baking soda then rinsed well and blew out with compressed air. If I have to pull it off again, its going to my buddies shop and going in his cleaner tank for carbs. The only thing I was not able to remove for cleaning is that small brass jet that is on an angle that sticks up through the intake area. I'm going to screw it up if I try to remove it, more than likely I will have to EZ out it. Where can I get a new one? Also, where can I get the plastic guide/emulation tube for the slide? the o-rings on that def need replacing but yamaha does not have a listing for them.

Also curious about the small tube on the outside of the carb where the cable goes in and attaches under the plastic cover. I was not able to pull the cable out so I have to pull that tube out of the body with the cable. Is that normal??? Can I update that adjuster off a newer Warrior?

Anyone have a stock carb for sale? How crappy are the ebay china carbs?

What did yours turn out to be?

I have that exact same problem. The intake boot was cracked so I replaced it. Then I couldn't get it to start. Cleaned the carb quite a few times but no luck. I just ordered one of the zoomzoom carbs. Waiting for it to come in to put it on.m

still battling the issue. I think the carb is just done at this point. The barb that sticks up and squirts fuel is clogged and the o-rings around the plastic emulation tube where the main jet is are toast. I think I need to just do a VM34 or VM36 conversion. Guys on the facebook pages are barely any help. You gotta take little bits and pieces of what everyone says and kinda figure it out on your own. stay away from chinese carbs. the ZOOM ZOOM ones are supposed to be the best but I dont want to gamble. Rather put the $50 towards a VM.

Sometimes people do more damage than good to carbs. I would invest the money into a VM carb if you plan on keeping the wheeler ZoomZoom if you plan on selling it because you will never get your money out of the carb. another thing did you remember the Oring on the carb boot when you installed it? and on the air fuel screw did you put the spring than washer than Oring on it before you put it in? did you get the old Oring and washer out of the carb? I have seen allot of people make them honest mistakes before allot. and sometimes them Orings are a bear to get out.

I figured that for under $40 the carb couldn't be that good, but I didn't want to put a lot of money into it so I went with it anyways. It came in today so Ill let you know if that takes care of the problem.

Finally got to working on it. Put the zoom zoom carb on. Had to get new battery. Runs ok.

Back