Carb Issue, Bogs out completely beyond 1/4 throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my rebuild kit today, (with the 145 jet!) Won't be able to put it in until Monday as tomorrow is Mother's Day (Don't forget that guys!) Hopin that takes care of the problem finally.
Got a question, What exactly does the "Coasting enrichner system" do? It's that 1" diaphram under the white plastic cover on the side of the carb. The name implies that it enrichens the mixture when you let off the gas. I've heard of 2 cycle engines sometimes having a problem leaning out on zero throttle after running it wide open and seazing up but I never heard of it being a problem on 4 strokes. (Being 2 strokes get their lubrication through the gas system, 4 strokes get it from oil in a sump) Just wondering if someone can enlighten me.

Also, I have an unrelated question about chains. I also have a 1994 Honda 300EX that I want to put a chain on before I sell it. In the service manual they mention that it has an endless (No master link) chain and that you have to remove the whole swing arm to replace it. Would it hurt anything if I replaced it with a chain that HAS a master link so that I didn't have to remove the whole swing arm? I plan on replacing the sprockets as well. I'm going to sell that now that I have the Warrior which I like more but I don't want to do a crap job on it, Just make it a little easier if I can. Any thoughts???? I think my Warrior has a master link on it, Doesn't it?

You're right about the coasting enricher. Stops popping on deceleration. You'll be fine with a master link chain on the 300.

Finally!!!! I put in the rebuild kit with the Correct #145 main needle jet instead of the #120 and the #42.5 pilot jet instead of the #45 and taped shut the holes in the air box that somebody cut in it and it runs like a raped ape! SOMEBODY was totally unclear on the concept with opening up the airbox and putting smaller jets in it for sure!
All I can say is Lbjamm, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for clueing me in on the wrong jet sizes! I found it hard to believe that a #120 jet rather than a #145 would make it bog out COMPLETELY rather just make it run poorly but YOU were right on!

I bow down to YOU! You the man! :tup:

Thanks again! Gary

old post I know but LB youre spot on like usual. im having the same problem so I did a search, ill be check the carb tomarrow!!!!!

Back