carb is messing up bad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not much, so the carb shouldn't take but a couple test runs to plug chop so it's right. Just do what I said above and you'll be good.

Brought a zoom zoom carb . Put it on. Quad is still hard to start up (using pull starter) I turned the gas line on and it's running out of the bottom hose I would assume it's the over flow. Anyone have any idea of why the gas is running out or why it's so hard to start . Also it's bogging out when I dump the throttle . I have to stay on the gas the entire time so it won't cut off

As for gas running out the bottom check your fuel petcock. Mine did the exact same thing. I replaced the petcock and it stopped.

bottom hose on carb bowl is the drain hose there should be a screw where the hose connects to bowl bake sure it is tight

insufficient intake valve clearance could make your quad pop out of the carb l ike that. Cam timing could also be off. The adjusting access cap seal could also be the source of that smoke.What is that sharp metallic sound? I would look at that before spending too much more time and money on the carb. (not that all the above suggestions aren't reasonable)

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the parking brake is engaged, mine done the same thing after messing with the parking brake one day, mine doesn't have the little spring on the caliper to pull it back when the brake is released. Sounds like it is hitting the rev limiter, because it seemed to idle fine and once you got about 1/4 throttle it would back fire.

Now, once the insert has popped out, take it in your hands, and look at the tube on the bottom of it. There are going to be two grooves with two O-rings on it. Those O-rings are square edged, and will become dry with age. Once that happens, they crack or shrink, and it allows fuel to flow past them and the engine runs super rich. They may very well be good, but, it pays to check all the bases. You should replace even if they do look good to be safe. When you go to reinstall the insert, put some Vaseline on the O-rings so the slip in the carb and do not roll out of their grooves.

Hey Gen1Pat....When you've replaced those o-rings on the "Y" insert,do you just use standard round o-rings,or are you using square edged o-rings from somewhere..??

Gen1Pat thanks for that great write up! I'll definitely refer back to that next week (or this weekend) when I get my carb back together and on!

Also, what sickofit asked, which orings and where did you find them?

Back