Carb help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68Post442

Reaction score
I am restoring a YFM350 Big Bear 4X4 for a friend of mine and getting nowhere with finding a carb. For some reason the VIN does not show up in the dealers system, other than stating it is a 1992, and the carbs online look nothing like what is on the ATV. The carb is a 2HR and has a tube on the side and top for the throttle cables. I know its not a warrior or raptor, just thought I could get some clue as to what I am needing to buy. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

I am restoring a YFM350 Big Bear 4X4 for a friend of mine and getting nowhere with finding a carb. For some reason the VIN does not show up in the dealers system, other than stating it is a 1992, and the carbs online look nothing like what is on the ATV. The carb is a 2HR and has a tube on the side and top for the throttle cables. I know its not a warrior or raptor, just thought I could get some clue as to what I am needing to buy. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

The first gen warrior had a carb just like you described.

Update

This is the closest one I can find. I contacted the seller and he stated a one cable carb will work on a two cable system. Is this true? Also, he said the insides are different and to be sure I had the right model. Again, is this true? Thanks for the help and I am kind of leaning towards the carb in the link. Modification or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5409a0005d&vxp=mtr

This is the closest one I can find. I contacted the seller and he stated a one cable carb will work on a two cable system. Is this true? Also, he said the insides are different and to be sure I had the right model. Again, is this true? Thanks for the help and I am kind of leaning towards the carb in the link. Modification or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5409a0005d&vxp=mtr

If the carb you are using is meant for 1 cable then I think your good (don't quote me on this)

Hey I also have a Yamaha moto 4 and would like to get some help starting it. I put in a new battery and put some gas on the plug to try and get it to run. I push start it and put into gear and it runs on and shuts right off and doesn’t want to stay on. So I’m thinking it has to do with the carb. Any help would be appreciated.

Back