Carb acceleator pump slide not opening.. HELP

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blake22

Reaction score
Bought this 2003 wolvy a few days ago and it was really lacking power. no bottom end at all. Guy I bought it from had 27" laws on it. so I swaped them for some 25s and this helped but only a little. Found that the accelerator pump slide is not moving. I can manually move the slide up and down with my finger and the bike runs great and has plenty of power. Carb has been completely apart many times now and all passages are clean. All o rings are good. Intake boot is good. Any ideas? Anyone have an extra carb lying around? thought about putting a warrior carb? pros/cons?

Well for anyone who might read this... I finally fixed it. After having the carb apart about 50 times I was holding the slide and pulled on the rubber diaphragm. I noticed that it spun. The rubber part is smashed between two round rubber pieces and they were loose causing vacuum to leak thru the diaphragm. So as a temp fix to get it running I put some silicone to seal it up. runs great. love the bike

Back