Can you use smaller wheels?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjeepdrv

Reaction score
I haven't run my Wolverine 350 in about 4 years, so I'm going through it and getting it ready to run again. One of my factory front wheels is bent and I need all new tires. I noticed there's a lot more options for small tires with 11" wheels. I'm thinking about going with more of a racing style tire, like a 22" tire. Does anyone know if it's possible to run an 11" wheel on the Wolverine 350? I wouldn't mind running spacers, if needed. In fact, I wouldn't mind a wider stance. A long travel, long arm kit would be nice, but I've never seen one of those for this ATV.

If 11 inch rims clear your front brake rotors you could use them but I don't know if they will. You absolutely can not run different diameter tires on a four wheel drive machine. The front tires would turn at a different ratio than the rear and bind up on you, eventually destroying some part of your drive train.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I would replace all 4 wheels and tires. I may have to bite the bullet and just order 1 and see if it fits and hope I can return it if not.

Gotch ya. Thought you meant just replacing the fronts. Just keep in mind that smaller tires will essentially lower your top speed, the machine will wind out sooner. It probably will make it feel snappier through the gears though. I always figured I would go with 25 inch tires when the time comes, there is tons of 25" tire choices. you can often find the specs on tire sizes which give you the actual dimensions. Some 25" tires are actually as much as an inch bigger or smaller than 25". If only we could change sprockets then we could run whatever tires we want. I have a set of stock wheels and tires from a 450 wolvy on my 350 4x4. Tires and rims are the same size as my originals(23") except the wheels are aluminum. The lower rotating weight was definitely noticeable and the radial tires were a huge improvement in handling.Those stock Dunlops were terrible tires. Most people don't realize that the 450 wolvies came with aluminum rims because they come painted but they are a lot lighter than the stock 350 4x4 steelies and not hard to find a used set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put 25s on mine the first year I had it and changed back to 23s after 1 ride. It killed the handling and the low end. I've got a RZR for bigger tire things, so losing some ground clearance on the Wolverine with 22s wouldn't bother me.

Back