California Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveryl

Reaction score
I purchased a 2003 Warrior new in 03 it ran good to the warranty was gone. first gear it runs good second she starts to miss third gear misses more. Every year i have to take the carb apart and clean. when questioned a different dealer about my problems with it, once he seen my serial # he said that the atv was not to even be sold in wisconsin is there any truth to this. I sure would like to get it running decent

Probably wasnt meant to be sold in Wisconsin cuz of the smog **** they have to deal with in California doesnt mean you cant fix the problem it could have wrong size jet in it I'll look up differences by going though the part numbers to see what different part would be in the cali mode could be carb settings could have smaller cam so needs less jet give me a bit but what jets are in it and and where is the needle setting

The carb main jet size is 145 the number on the carb casting is H2x2

I was thinking about this and your Stator may be getting weak and not picking up the tiģger at higher rpms you have test it with an ohm meter how to can be found here .... but the cali warrior has a whole different carb apparently even uses different needle set ....you might be better off with a zoom zoom carb

This how to test your stator ....On the 3 white wires coming out of the stator, they should all have 0.7~0.8 ohms resistance in all three combinations. That means imagine numbering each white wire either 1, 2, or 3. Check 1 to 2, 1 to 3 and 2 to 3. Also, check any one of the white wires to the laminated iron core of the stator. ANY continuity to ground indicates the stator has had an insulation breakdown and will have to be replaced.

To test the Source coil (for the ignition) connect your pocket tester from the white/green wire to the red wire. Resistance should be 270~330 ohms resistance.

To test the pickup coil, connect your tester from the blue to the yellow wire. Resistance should be 171~209 ohms resistance

All this might with carb issues
https://www.yfm350.com/threads/getting-to-know-a-carburetor.21231/

This how to test your stator ....On the 3 white wires coming out of the stator, they should all have 0.7~0.8 ohms resistance in all three combinations. That means imagine numbering each white wire either 1, 2, or 3. Check 1 to 2, 1 to 3 and 2 to 3. Also, check any one of the white wires to the laminated iron core of the stator. ANY continuity to ground indicates the stator has had an insulation breakdown and will have to be replaced.

To test the Source coil (for the ignition) connect your pocket tester from the white/green wire to the red wire. Resistance should be 270~330 ohms resistance.

To test the pickup coil, connect your tester from the blue to the yellow wire. Resistance should be 171~209 ohms resistance

We can check the stator, this 2003 warrior has less than 30 hours on because of all the the problems of always cleaning the carb every year it sat a lot the machine is still like new We got the carb cleaned again we are going to try moving the needle clips up and down and see if it helps nothing to lose

What fuel are you running .... ethanol kills carbs in no time siting and I'd get rid of cali carb ... it definitely has some sort of restriction to meet cali pollution laws

What fuel are you running .... ethanol kills carbs in no time siting and I'd get rid of cali carb ... it definitely has some sort of restriction to meet cali pollution laws
I am running no ethanol premium. We lower the needle one notch did not help I am going to order a zoom zoom carb today. We are also going to try going up with needle one notch from the stock setting while waiting for the new carb

and if a zoom zoom carb doesn't fix it .. then its must be electrical .... doesn't matter how many hours are on it. its still 17 years old

and if a zoom zoom carb doesn't fix it .. then its must be electrical .... doesn't matter how many hours are on it. its still 17 years old
I got it to run we will see how long it last. what i did is go up one notch on the needle. to lean it out runs perfect for now

use the UPLOAD a file button next to POST REPLAY. If your on a cell phone things might look different. Most sites will be restricked. When i post post from my phone they always say file too large. When i email them to myself then post on my desk stop there is no issue.

Back