building jumps

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awsomeaussie

Reaction score
any one have any tips for building jumps. i have accses to a front end loader on a tractor at our farm but im not very good on it. so any one hot any good tips

thanks

start off small. dump a few loads of dirt on top of each other pack them down. roll over them with your quad. carefully roll over them. do not go over the lip ..u roll on them to pack them down. or you could pack the jump down with the loader. i do both.

hit the jump you just built a lot of times. to get the hang of how it sends you. if it sends you wrong you'll be ok since it's a small jump. if it sends you wrong add more dirt onto it and make it slightly different than you did before. like how the lip is.

if you want to start off big. make a 5 ft tall pile of dirt. take the bucket and roll up onto the pile. get the bucket the farthest back possible on the pile. push the bucket down and go backwards to make the jump have a curve. pack the dirt down either with the bucket or with your quad. make a landing. if ur landing is far away and you don't know how the jump sends you i suggest making the jump a triple. make a small landing in between the bigger landing.

landings are hard to make. they take at least twice as much dirt as the take offs. you can make the triangle landing, as i call it, which consists of you making one the jump side of the landing tall and then tapering it down to make like a wedge. or you could make a more round landing which is a lot smoother but harder to make. good luck. hope i could help ...it just takes practice.

Back