Bkroll84

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well note to all those with oil coolers lines do not hold up in extreme cold. Mine split open lost oil and toasted my motor. No worries I will now be rebuilding my motor with a stroker .040 over piston which is fine because I will raise deck height for it to fit. So anyone know where I can find plate to lift deck height would be great. Thanks for any help or advice have a 700 dollar budget so lets hear some ideas

Just use a Kodiak 400 jug and mill it to right deck hight

Last edited:
It will run about $230 for an 85mm JE piston w/gaskets. About $275 for a +4 crank. Used Kodiak cylinder is around $60 (on Ebay). Kodiak timing chain $53. All that comes to $618. Then there is the cost of machine work, so say $50.00 to turn down that cylinder????? That makes an easy $670, not including any shipping costs or price differences. Then there is the cam timing issue to solve. Which means an adjustable cam gear. That runs $90 shipped (I know, I bought one). Add that in and you are looking at $760. Plus, you will loose some life out of the timing chain, because some extra slack will be made from decking the cylinder. Lastly, you will need some type of degree wheel to attach to the crank to degree in the cam, so as to correct cam/valve timing.

To each their own, and that is cool! Love seeing what everyone does! But, I have dealt with the deck height, cam/valve timing, and not getting the life out of a timing chain. Not going to do all that again. Lol. Can save over, or nearly, $200.

Last edited:
Going with cwr 400 kit Pat sold me on it and after talking with Greg going to ship shortly and have him build me a monster

Going with cwr 400 kit Pat sold me on it and after talking with Greg going to ship shortly and have him build me a monster

Alright man! Cool beans! Yeah, I need to ship my stuff to him. He called and talked to me today about my 350X parts I have with him. He expects to send them all back next Wednesday. Have to pay for that, and want to wait for a few more bucks to come my way before I send my Warrior stuff out. Gives me time to complete the X, too!:slayer:

That is what I have. I have one that needs a rod kit, and one that I ran for a year before doing the stroker. It's still in my spare bottom end. I'm undecided if I'll use it or have him rebuild my core... Kinda just want to have him rebuild the one just for peace of mind.

Exactly. I may still use my good crank. I'll have to take a really good look at it tomorrow, and take some measurements for tolerance.

Yeah I'm very excited!!! I've run both a stock crank and a +4, so this is going to be a great comparison!! 12:1, 402cc... Should be pure evil! lol

That's not counting the mods we have also exhaust plays a big part carbuertor etc. Gonna wake up that little 4 stroke may have some yfz450 killers

Well I don't know about 450 killers, but, I'll try running against some. Lol. Yeah, I have a 39mm FCR and it is a badass bitch!!! Still need to talk to a member at 3ww about the leak jet. Seems to play a big part in overall jetting.

Back