Bent Axle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saweetlou

Reaction score
Went out the other night to do a little snow riding and wouldnt you know it I smoked a tree with the left rear, I didnt hit it that hard so I was very surprized to see the wheel wobbleing. Whats this going to cost me now, i tell ya everytime I go ride I end up comming home broken down somehow.

Assuming you know for sure it's a bent axle & not a rim, I would be dubious about buying a used axle. When I purchased my quad used, I had to do the rear bearings. Tore the diff apart and put new bearings in due to water contamination. The splines were the ring gear mesh with the axle were extremely compromised on the axle. Probably cant see splines from a picture so buyer be warned. 3-25-08 brand new from "theatvfactory.com" (C&C Sports Inc.) for $222.51 shipped free.

Thanks for the advice guys, this bike has been nothing but problems for me since the day I got it and now this happens. I have been looking around and as you can see from ebay they want over $300 for a new one, I found a guy in my area that says he can fix it for $100-150 so that might be the cheapest way at this point. I think I may fix and get rid of it, I have wanted this bike for so long and finnaly found one and it turns out to be a lemmon, It realy Bums me out but it is what it is. On that note what is the best way to approach this, should I take the whole swing arm off, I dont have a mannuel so not sure where to start or how big of a job this is. I have some knowledge and not affraid to get dirty so any advise is welcome.

Hi,
Don't let that Wolvy get you down. Rear axles are not that bad to replace. First make sure your rear bearings are o.k. Lift rear and check for bearing play-lift tires in up/down fassion. Get a repare cd off e-bay for the Wolvy-invaluable (like $5.00).
Strictly from memory: Take R&L tires/rims & unbolt hubs & take off. Unbolt R brake caliper & brake stay & hang out of your way. Put R-axle nut back on (or use wood) and drive axle to the left as to not damage threads. When it pops take nut off & remove axle to the left. (strictly from memory so if i forgot something ??) Now you can remove diff. & replace the bearings & seals if you have to. No need to remove swing arm--however if the swing arm bearings are bad now is the time to do them.
You will get to know your quad & how it works & have a sence of pride when riding it. More than what most guy's can say. And oh-ya I bet you'll be more careful not to smack a tree next time--Have fun! Let me know how you do.

Hey Rods,
Thanks a Bunch, doesnt sound too bad I think I will give her a go over the X-mas holidays. You know I have a 250 Timberwolf that I have beat the crap out of as well as bounced off a few trees and rocks with much greater force than I hit with the Wolvie and aside from the swingarm bearings never had a problem, if you look at the differance between the size of the axles, the Timberwolf is almost double the thickness as the Wolvie. One would think bigger bike, bigger parts.

Back