*AXLE BEARINGS - HOW TO CHANGE THEM*

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***BUMP***
Some people need this thread and dont feel like going to the last page to find it...

I bent my rim and tryed to straten it out by trying to push it back up aganst the hub on the side it bent out because there wasnt a lug nut on it and i striped out the hub bolt. I havnt realy looked at it but these hub bolts will come out so i can replace them right.

I bent my rim and tryed to straten it out by trying to push it back up aganst the hub on the side it bent out because there wasnt a lug nut on it and i striped out the hub bolt. I havnt realy looked at it but these hub bolts will come out so i can replace them right.

They come out somehow, but I have no idea how. I just brought my hub to the dealer and they ordered and replaced my stripped bolts.

Glad you posted this as I have to replace my carrier bearings tommorrow before I head up to WV on monday.

Oh sweet jesus those bearings were hard to get out of the housing. Thank god for my air chisel

quick question. I was given a Warrior(first bike) and the rear end shakes violently I am assuming that the bearings are shot. IS that a good guess?

Is there a part list to look for? Or just rear axle bearings?

Chris

Axle Nut not cooperating....ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Hello, I hope someone can help. I know it has been some time since anyone has been in this thread. I have 06 Raptor and the carrier bearings are shot. I have a great manual from cyclepedia.com and have enough knowledge to be dangerous, but from years of mechanical necessity as a child on older ATV's.

Anyway, the nut on the right side of the axle seems to be stubborn. It had two 3mm sets I took out. I have had my daughter on the bike, laying on the rear brakes while I try to turn this nut loose with a large pipe wrench. I took the axle out and went to a buddies car mechanic shop, he put it in a pipe vice used a large crescent and a breaker bar, nothing. I have soaked it in oil daily, put the axle back in and tried my pipe wrench again while the wife held the brake and tires on the ground. All I am accomplishing is making the nut full of grip marks from the pipe wrench.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have heard some have to cut these nuts off. And I cannot seem to find if this nut turns left or right. I have tried both. I cannot afford our local dealer for this and honestly, if I can get past this problem, I should be good to go. Thanks in advance.

Yeah Well...

That is actually what I had. I can buy a new nut. Buddy tried huge Wrench and still cannot break it loose. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

ya a pipe wrench squeezes down on the nut and actually makes it harder to get off.... rocky mountain atv sells axle nut wrenches.

Damn man. Sure someone didn't tack wild them, in place? They are stock axle nuts right? Left should loosen them. And your attempting to take them off one at a time right? Out side first then the inner.

haha just seen this thread and read the 4x4 peices of wood. lol just a story i split two 4x4's and 2 2x6's i had to say good bye to the axle which was already bent, and we beat on it for two straight mins with a 4lb sledge after soaking it with wd-40 over night. PAIN IN THE ASS! if your already in there do the bearings and seals and all haha oh and tons of never cease

Damn man. Sure someone didn't tack wild them, in place? They are stock axle nuts right? Left should loosen them. And your attempting to take them off one at a time right? Out side first then the inner.

the raptors only have one nut, it has two set screws on opposeing sides to lock it in place

cool looks like i got a little project on my hands haha, exhaust, jetting, bearings. im getting to know about warriors in and out!

Back