ATT: All those interested in Warn 4-2-4 for '00-'05

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggspew

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am going to call warn this week to see if they would consider doing a limited production run of the 424s for us. If I can tell them i have "x" amount pre- sold it sure would help. So pm me if you want one. I have concluded to try this after talking to a local dealer that said he has at least one request a week for one. So I am going to approach the two other dealers in my area to see if they will get names and numbers for me. Maybe you guys could do the same.
Thanks,
Biggspew
Admin, can you sticky this?? Can we post it else where in the forum so that all see it?:???:

Great idea!

I'm going to move this to the Motor/Transmission forum and sticky it there.

:tup:

I would love to get one of these 424 s but they are Impossible to find

Yeah and unfortunately when you go to order, it says out of stock. At least for the 99-05 one. Thanks for the tip though, I'll take any lead I can get at this point. Last weekend was my "new" wolv's maiden voyage and I immediately missed the way a 2wd slides around the corners. Loved everything else about it though

Has anyone ever ordered from this accesories place? The site was last updated in July of 08 and the payment options are sending them a cashiers check, money order, or a personal check. Then it says your order will ship once the payment has cleared the bank. I tried contacting them through the contact seller option this morning ans so far no response. I was really hopeful but it seems like a scam to me

However Aces, that was alot closer to finding one than I've gotten. Thanks for looking and I haven't given up on this lead yet

I got some kind of auto response email that says my order has been placed and to send the payment to a certain address. Still no phone # so I'm not getting a good feeling about it. Also think it's odd that they are selling them for $310 when the going rate is closer to $500 now. I'm going to keep emailing them in hopes of getting a human response. Anyone have any experience with this company?

Dont send any money This is the number I got from the site -By Phone:
Local - 859-967-6271 Im gonna call it just for shits and giggles

Phone number is bad = goes to some lady bitching up a storm. lol I feel sorry for her.

Thanks Ace, I hadn't sent anything yet although I admit to being real tempted on the chance of getting one. That lady who answered must have gotten a bunch of calls so maybe that should tell Warn something.....

I had no luck with Warn. I don't think that I really talked to any one who is a decision maker. I AM STILL IN NEED OF ONE IF ANY ONE FINDS THEM.
On a side note, did High lifter make a version for the Wolverine also?

Why wont other 424s work, cant you modify it slightly. Wouldn,t believe they are that much different.

Hi Guys...I'm a newbie to these forums. I'm in my late 60's and still love my 95 Wolverine.

The Warn 424 is awesome. I bought one for a Kaw Prarire. Almost identical to yamaha. Just shorten the shaft, watch the exaust clearance. Machine shop or DIY. I see some Kaw 424's are still out there

warn 424

I have had the warn 424 unlocker on my 2005 wolvy forever and I dont think I can live without it....I have had iussues with the plunger popping in and out and it seems to be making some noise upfront when Im turning in 2wd. Anybody had these issues?? What if i need Parts for this thing??? Thanks

I contacted J&M ATV and also spoke with ATV Outfitters about the new, drive shaft switch out (DSSO) kits for the Hondas. They bought the rights to the Warn 424 and they are reproducing them, just for the Hondas at the present time. I sent some emails and got mixed messages from J&M ATV. One guy wrote they were planning to start offering them for the Wolverine later this year and another guy wrote it was unlikely. ATV Outfitters told me the Honda kit could be modified to fit the Wolverine but it involved cutting the ends of your stock drive shaft and cutting the ends off the new DSSO to make it shorter, then you weld on the Wolverine ends onto the DSSO. They are willing to sell a guy scratched DSSO's for a discount to help out the Wolverine guys.

I think the more emails and phone calls they get, the more likely would be to start producing the Wolverine kits. It's encouraging to see that a company is at least considering reproducing the 424 kits.

www.atvoutfitters.net
http://www.jmatv.com/

Back