another 350 to add to the stable

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schppppeeiiddiiiee

Reaction score
picked this gem up a couple weeks ago, got it running tonight, needs a tad bit of work... however i paid a good price for it.. NOTHING!!!!

Picture856.jpg

Picture861.jpg

100mpg 2 stroke FTMFW!!!!

Thats a 1972 R5 right? Looks just like the donor bike (ok looks better) that I got for my hybrid blaster project that I did a couple years ago. Those have stout little engines in them when you get rid of the crappy stock pipes and put on some racing pipes that have expansion chambers on them.
My donor bike was a 1971 R5. heres a couple pics of that engine in the blaster. Your engine looks cleaner then mine did though.

blaster3.jpg

blaster1.jpg

ya it's a 72 R5.... got any parts of your 71 left? where did you get the 2 into 1 exhaust?

nope no parts left from the 71. I just ripped the engine and wiring off of it and sent the rest to the scrap yard. The 2 into 1 was "custom" made. It was a free pipe i got from a friend for a dirtbike. I cut the end off that connected to the engine, then split the pipe some and welded in 2 pieces of pipes to match up to the jugs and then welded up the rest of the pipe. It wasnt pretty but it did the job. I was really limited in the space I had for head pipes.

It was fast as hell. The R5 engine is a good engine to start with. Just needs some real exhaust, tweak the timing a little and rejet. I surprised quite a few people on my hybrid.

i found yet ANOTHER 350... this one is a 74 honda cb350... basket case... it's free also :-D

already got projects out the ass.... my stainless bolt kit showed up for the R5 today... that means i can start getting the sidecovers back on and maybe i'll get the compression tester i asked for for christmas and then i can check my compression to find out if my R5 is work saving or not...

the r5, my banshee, warrior, dads warrior, and now this... i also have a drill press i am fixing, doing some stuff to my 69 allis chalmers lawn tractor to get the snowblower more user friendly... there's alot more..

Back