another 350 in the stable

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want a wolverine!
thats pretty badass pat. gonna mod it out? or keep it stock?
you should convert it to a warrior manual clutch

Stock. It's got plenty of balls as it sits. If I come across a nice used exhaust I'll bite, but other then that it's getting a winch. No warrior clutch stuff on it. This is to replace the very tired Fourtrax of my mom's. I hate to get rid of a Honda, but, it has frame rot and a worn shift fork or two. So, I don't want to put any money into the ole girl.

Thanks guys. I think the clutch one-way bearing is seized on the primary clutch hub. It rolls under it's own power when it's in gear and you have to shut it off to get into neutral.

Well, I pulled the clutch cover this evening at home. 3 broken cover bolts later and I found the culprit for the rolling at idle situation.

That's right. ALL FIVE springs are broken on the centrifugal clutch weights. What's worse, is that the fiber pads on the weights are toast :/

I'm asking myself the same thing. Only one Wolverine primary clutch on Ebay, and the pads don't look good. Found out that the early '90s Kodiak used the came primary clutch. There are a handful on Ebay. Going to take a chance from a reputable seller.

Well if that doesn't work maybe someone will be doing a manual clutch conversion? Lol

Uh, no.... Lol. Just ordered what looks to be a nice used one from a Kodiak. That, the gasket, oil filter, and unexpectedly, front wheel bearings and it should be good to go. Has a brand new battery and air filter in it. Have to spray the filter with PJ1, and put correct fasteners on the batter cables, but other then that it runs excellent. In the future it's getting a winch since all my utes have one on the farm.

I don't know if you can tell, but I really want a wolverine modded out with the damn manual clutch conversion. LOL

Naw, I hadn't noticed! Lol. They are a really good bike. Fast because they are geared tall. I don't remember if there is a manual clutch conversion or not. I want to say there was. What you can do, to kind of correct the gearing, is to get a Big Bear or Kodiak (can't remember which) and start swapping trans gears on their respective shafts. I stumbled onto a forum a couple years ago that explained how to get the optimum gearing for all types of riding. The problem with the stock gearing is it's too tall, and looses a **** ton of power with anything more then the stock 23" tires. But, for me, this is not a problem since I don't put larger tires on my utes.

I can tell you that when it does need a top end, it will get an 11:1 Wiseco, HD springs and eventually a Mega 252x2. Plus a slip on of course.

sweet.
if i had one it would get modded out like a warrior would. CWR 400 kit, manual clutch, FCR, a good exhaust, works shocks, a rear anti roll bar, lots of stuff... lol

Don't think the 400 kit hasn't crossed my mind. lol. You do know that there was a guy that built a 1st gen Wolvy years back that had IRS and a FST BB/Stkr right? Was in dirtwheels.

Nice jack stand dude. lol :eek:

Haha, all I have at home! Works excellent though! Lol. Not going anywhere. I give them a good shake once I have them propped up. I only have that one small bowl for oil at home. If I had a large oil pan I wouldn't have been worried about oil getting everywhere.

so did you get it with the unsuspected clutch issue Pat?

I did. When I test rode it, I noticed the idling issue. But, I though it was from the idle speed being a hair high, and the shifter linkage + clutch needing adjustment (secondary clutch). Got that all adjusted, and dialed in the idle speed and it still did it. All well. $100 fix. Easy too! Just one nut and the clutch is swapped out! Then I have to remove the 3 broken bolts:disgust: Good thing there is 1" sticking out of the case. Some heat and a metric stud puller socket and they should walk right out.:tup:

Back