Annual Hancock,NY Ride Aug 14th

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtfan07

Reaction score
This ride is a great time!! Starts at 9am. Quads must be reg'ed and insured. Riders must wear helmet.It's 40+ miles of one way trails that are only open once a year. Enrty fee is $45 and benefits local charities. I don't have anything to do with the organization of the ride but I live in the community and will try to get answers to any questions. Trails are mostly up and down logging trails with some rocks. Some areas are more open and other areas are slow and technical. Very simular to Majestic. Riding at a good pace but not racing, it took us almost 5hrs to finish last year. Camping is allowed at Fireman's park in town and that is where the ride starts.

Thanks for the info. I'm less than two hours away from Hancock. I think I'll get some people together and make a weekend out of it.

Damn thats a sunday. We'll see would love to go.Is the camping free? Can we bring beer? Is there food near by? Infoooo PLse

The camping at the Firemans park is free. You can bring beer for before and after but none is allowed on the actual ride. The town has a few diners, a pizza place, chinese, Sub way, and a McD's. Short driving distance but can't ride to any and their is nothing on the trail except last year some kids had a hot dog stand set up. I believe some sorta of food is included after the ride but I'll have to check on that for sure and get back to you

Coool thanks. I am gonna get my finances checked and see. I work a second job on sundays and would have to take monday off also from work for the drive back to rochester NY.

I know, a long drive after a good ride sucks! We drove 10.5hrs to Majestic and only rode for 3.5hrs!! Was good ridin' though, thanks Aces for the tip on that place. Without pushing it too much, you could do the ride and be on your way home by 3pm I would think. I believe Rochester is about 3hrs from Hancock? I'm also trying to get that following monday off, lol!!

google maps says 3 hrs 45 min probably about right. And you drove 10 hrs to majestic...I dont think its that good. I love camping down there. We shall see when it gets closer.

Just to update some info: I was in contact with the guy in charge of the event and camping is available starting saturday 13th in the afternoon. Their is a $10.00 per vehicle charge.

You must be 16yrs old or more to ride. Passengers can be any age but quad has to be set up for it (stock or aftermarket)

Motorcycles are NOT allowed

LUNCH AFTER THE RIDE IS INCLUDED!!!!!

Thanks Dirtfan,
Appreciate the info. There isn't really anything on the web about this ride. Do you know if it's OK to register/pay the day of the ride?

Muddy, yes it is ok to pay the same day but it has to be in cash if your doing that. I would recommend you get there a little early though; we didn't pre-reg last year and it took a some time to get through the line.

If anyone plans to be in Hancock on saturday, my buddy and I were thinking of doing a "lazy" ride that afternoon/ evening. Mostly dirt roads, nothing that will tear up machines or riders. Frequent stops for eats and drinks. Thinking we could all meet in Lakewood, Pa 18439. It's about 10 miles from Hancock. Local bar has plenty of parking and supports atving

Did anyone end up going? If you did, what did you think? It never rained a drop till we were back, loaded up, and fed. Perfect riding day and we had an absolute blast

Back