aluminum sprocket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any aluminum sprockets bieng weak... ive heard to never get an aluminum sprocket but i really like this renthal sprocket
http://rockymountainatv.com/Product_Details.atv?pid=00104859

tell me what u guys think
o yea also if i run a 12/36 gearing will i have to have a different chain size from stock??... what size chain will i need if it is different from the stock size, thanx guys

Why would you go down on teeth on the front and rear sprockets? I'm wanting to go to 12/38 (drop 1 tooth on front, leave rear same) or 12/40 (drop 1 on front, add 2 on rear) to get more torque and pop front up easier. What happens by dropping 1 on front and dropping 2 on rear? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know what effect that has.

**** aluminum sprockets for trail riding; Al wears out MUCH quicker then steel sprockets - you are wasting your money in the long run.

**** aluminum sprockets for trail riding; Al wears out MUCH quicker then steel sprockets - you are wasting your money in the long run.

Your wasting your money all around what are you gonna save a pound? For something that costs 20 bucks more and wears 3x as fast its not worth it to me

k cool thats what i wanted to know i knew they wernt as strong just wanted too see what u guys thought

Why would you go down on teeth on the front and rear sprockets? I'm wanting to go to 12/38 (drop 1 tooth on front, leave rear same) or 12/40 (drop 1 on front, add 2 on rear) to get more torque and pop front up easier. What happens by dropping 1 on front and dropping 2 on rear? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know what effect that has.
well im goin back to 20in tires and i want a little more top end cause 12 tooth with 20inch tires is gonna be a little low gearing for me so im gonna knock the rear down a couple to give me a little more top end with the 20's.

running 12/36 gearing, would i have to get a different chain size than stock??

[quote:6w676c7g]Why would you go down on teeth on the front and rear sprockets? I'm wanting to go to 12/38 (drop 1 tooth on front, leave rear same) or 12/40 (drop 1 on front, add 2 on rear) to get more torque and pop front up easier. What happens by dropping 1 on front and dropping 2 on rear? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know what effect that has.
well im goin back to 20in tires and i want a little more top end cause 12 tooth with 20inch tires is gonna be a little low gearing for me so im gonna knock the rear down a couple to give me a little more top end with the 20's. [/quote:6w676c7g]

Gotcha, I didn't pay enough attention to your signature or I would have understood to begin with. I hadn't noticed that you already had a 12 on front.

Latest posts

Back