Adding an extra plate in the clutch pack

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I reuse the steel plate that was in there before and add it to the new clutch plates?

"Tried this on my dads and it broke the pressure plate when tightened" What happened here?

did everyone elses work ok? no more broken Pressure plates and won't hurt anything? Got tusk and HD springs going in and I want to try this. But not at the cost of more down time waiting for parts. This plus rappy cable mod should see noticable improvement, no?

did everyone elses work ok? no more broken Pressure plates and won't hurt anything? Got tusk and HD springs going in and I want to try this. But not at the cost of more down time waiting for parts. This plus rappy cable mod should see noticable improvement, no?

i just did it to my clutch and love it works great! maybe you didnt line it up right or tightened it to much?

yea I was wondering what beastly may have done wrong...thick steel instead of thin one maybe or overtorqued? MS the extra plate goes in the place of the wavy washers, correct?

yes you can do it that way, but i dont think those wavy springs should be removed unless you plan on doing MX or somthin.

yea I was wondering what beastly may have done wrong...thick steel instead of thin one maybe or overtorqued? MS the extra plate goes in the place of the wavy washers, correct?
ya kinda i guess. I took out all they wave washers and added a thick steel to mine and it grabs right off with out tugging while i have the leaver pulled its pretty nice. Dosent matter where you put it either imo but to each there own. Now i'm just waiting on my Raptor clutch pull parts to get here and it will be butter!!

What happens if you don't use hd springs?reason why I ask I bought a clutch kit and springs but the package didnt say hd on it

It will be easier to pull the clutch lever, but there wont be as much clamping pressure on the clutch plates.

Mine came with HD springs, but clearly stated so on the packaging...

I ordered the tusk springs and it said hd on the site but when I received the springs it didn't say hd on packaging.does anyone know if the tusk clutch springs are hd?

Thanks.can someone tell me what a wave washer is in the clutch.im doing this mod and it says to take them out.im not mechanically inclined.someone please explain what it is

Tried this on my dads and it broke the pressure plate when tightened

Had the same problem. I had the pressure plate lined up with the hub, the springs were torqued to 7 ft pounds, and I used the thin steel plate but my pressure plate still broke in two different places. I've got a new one on the way but I'd like to figure out why mine broke.

Latest posts

Back