Adding an extra plate in the clutch pack

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I pulled the out and reconfigered my plates a little bit and dang it was a difference when you releaqse the clutch it will jerk you! My clutch has never hooked up this good! But I was wondering if anyone elsee had ever done it too

K, so from reading all of this I'm still a bit uncertain about what some are doing. How are some of you all "reconfiguring" the clutch pack? Like if you remove the wave washers are putting something back in their place. Also, one poster asked where to get an extra steel plate but I guess the issue was resolved through a pm so....are some of you guys buying new clutches & steels & then placing one old steel in the pack? Sorry, I'm more of a hands on learner so it might make more sense if it were in front of me.

yeah pull the wave washers and put in an old steel plate with your new ones or ask for one in the wanted section. I got one if you need it just pm me what you will pay for it including shipping and we can do it through paypal

yeah pull the wave washers and put in an old steel plate with your new ones or ask for one in the wanted section. I got one if you need it just pm me what you will pay for it including shipping and we can do it through paypal

Cool, so nothing goes back in place of the wave washers right? Don't some clutch kits come with new steels? If they do I'll prolly go that route & reuseone of my old ones back in place. Seemed like the yamaha factory clutch is prolly the way to go for reliability. I've got a spare engine with clutches in it if I have to have something but I hate to completely strip it, I'd like to get it back completely functional that way I have it to use while I build my current engine. Also, what's the Raptor soft clutch pull mod? I got on a new 350 at the local dealer & wow, the clutch feels nice!

Use the seach box there's a thread about it

As for clutches some people swear by the stock clutch but I'm no a fan of that theory I run a driveline performance clutch and it has lasted the longest of the 4 I've had in mine 11 months sofar

here is alink to the raptor clutch release parts http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20450 but if you just bought a new cable I wouldn't worry about changing it. yes most new clutches come with new steel plates, but if you not replacing the clutch you'll need a steel, you can buy just a stack of steel plates, pull one off you other motor, or ask in the wanted section, lots of us have them. I got a 1/2 of lower motor for 10 bucks on craigslist, the piston is welded to the rod and rod is welding to the crank, don't know how he did it lol. but I got tranny gears, oil pump and clutch out of it, that is where I got my steel from

Use the seach box there's a thread about it

As for clutches some people swear by the stock clutch but I'm no a fan of that theory I run a driveline performance clutch and it has lasted the longest of the 4 I've had in mine 11 months sofar

11 months is the longest your clutch has lasted? Isnt that a bit, umm, whats the word...odd?

I bought my quad in 02 and have only needed to rebuild my clutch once, and that was over 5 years ago.

My bike has had a rough life to say the least and that's the longest a after market one has made mine is really bad about eating the aluminum preasure plate and hub boss out of it and when it dose that it eats the clutch up right afterwards the stock one lasted about 3 years till I started modding it then it didn't last long

here is alink to the raptor clutch release parts http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20450 but if you just bought a new cable I wouldn't worry about changing it. yes most new clutches come with new steel plates, but if you not replacing the clutch you'll need a steel, you can buy just a stack of steel plates, pull one off you other motor, or ask in the wanted section, lots of us have them. I got a 1/2 of lower motor for 10 bucks on craigslist, the piston is welded to the rod and rod is welding to the crank, don't know how he did it lol. but I got tranny gears, oil pump and clutch out of it, that is where I got my steel from

Thanks, good info in that thread, thanks for the post!

Would you add an extra steel with a brand new clutch? i just bought a tusk clutch kit with new springs and wondered if I should add the extra steel now? Thanks

Tried this on my dads and it broke the pressure plate when tightened

How did that happen? Was it the inner or outter plate? Did you torque the bolts to 6 lbs? Sorry not trying to question I just wanna know the risk but you have the first mishap I have read about. That sucks.

Well....MS WARRIOR is my new mentor. He has recommended this fix to me.
My clutch is slipping, especially when I give it more acceleration a medium speeds. It revs up but doesn't seem to get any faster, if at all.
And I don't need to use the clutch when in reverse, it just goes backwards with or without clutch activation. (is that normal? - doesn't seem right to me)

I will try this plate addition experiment and hope it works for me. I believe I may need a new clutch cable too. I will read the provided threads on here and watch a few YouTube how-to videos and say a few prayers and see if I can do this correctly. Will advise.
If I mess it all up, MS WARRIOR will have to make a trip to east Texas to fix it for me!
:haha:

Well....MS WARRIOR is my new mentor. He has recommended this fix to me.
My clutch is slipping, especially when I give it more acceleration a medium speeds. It revs up but doesn't seem to get any faster, if at all.
And I don't need to use the clutch when in reverse, it just goes backwards with or without clutch activation. (is that normal? - doesn't seem right to me)

I will try this plate addition experiment and hope it works for me. I believe I may need a new clutch cable too. I will read the provided threads on here and watch a few YouTube how-to videos and say a few prayers and see if I can do this correctly. Will advise.
If I mess it all up, MS WARRIOR will have to make a trip to east Texas to fix it for me! :haha:

man I shouldnt be anybodies mentor!!! :evilface: the only advice I have is from the stuff I have read on here and stuff I have picked up along the way! hahaha their are many more on here way more knowing then I. AND I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THE TRIP TO TEHAS IF YOU GOT A BAD ASS PLACE TO RIDE!!!:slayer:

Back