About me, and my atv

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
My name is chris! im 14 years old and i live in leamington, ontario, canada! i got my atv on july 8th, 2006 witch is my birthday. I got a 2002 yamaha warrior 350 that is black and white. it has maxxis razor tires on the back, and MSR handlebars. otherwise! everything else is stock. there is one problem with it, the guy flipped the machine and screwed up the handlebars. the good thing is he put new MSR handlebars on it but he screwed up the electric start component. it costs around $100-150 to replace. if you dont get the switch in the right position,sometimes when your going down the road in any gear it will just cut out. the tires dont lock up, but it stops. sometimes i manage to start it back up before it comes to a complete stop. I know this is common on all warriors, but the stupid reverse levar is tricky. i learned how to move it without any problems but once i get it in reverse, i go to move it to forward and it wont lock on forward. i have to shut it off and it'll work. it worked maybe twice for me. If it keeps bugging me ill put a new one on but till then ill keep riding! im going out riding on saturday so i cant wait to try some small wheelies and otherstuff!

i had problems with it too, i thought something was messed up with my quad when i first got it, you just have to get used to it.

i had the same problem with the reverse on my atv. I found out the best thing to do is let off the clutch a little bit and push foward until it click snad it works everytime

Heh, Everybodies Warrior is different. Some warriors are finicky, and you have to give it a little gas, some you have to rock backwards, some forwards, some let off the clutch a little. Actually quite a few of them on here have to let off their clutch a little, they say that helps them. I actually have very few prob's with mine (my reverse), I'm one of the lucky few I guess.
~Bill

thanks guys, i never would of known that! but i did know that a lot of warriors had problems with the reverse. i think that yamaha should of did like a switch almost like when your turning the key. so its simple and easy. ill have to experiment with it to see what works.

well i tried what you guys were suggesting and nothing worked. I got it once, but then i tried it again to make sure, and it didnt work. ill have to try again when i go out riding again tomarrow! :) havent got the wheelies yet. i put my left foot on the grab bar and my right foot on the brake, and gave it gas. it went up a bit but then went right back down.

yea i also have very little problems with mine but it seems to have trouble when im off cambered

I could never get my warrior out of reverse, putting it into reverse was simple, but I ALWAYS had to turn the thing off to get it out of reverse, with my old z it was easy, just turn that key thing, and then shift out, on my new z its even easier, theirs a freaking thumb lever right next to the thumb throttle, how cool is that :eek:

Yeah it's def a little prob, but try rocking the quad back and forth, It always works for me, or let the clutch out a little and put pressure on the lever going foward, that should kick it back in.

Back