A Arm Food for Thought

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschool1921

Reaction score
I know that no one makes aftermarket A Arms for wolverines. I went down the wider offset rims and wheel spacer path and found it takes much more steering input to ride it. This is due to the increase leverage the wheel has because the tread is further away from the fulcrum point (ball joints).

This got me thinking, and I know anything can be done with enough money, but do you think it would be worth it to have a machine shop cut the factory A arms and add 1” of material to them? I know you can also have drive shafts lengthened or shortened, so they should be able to do the same with the half shafts in the front diff. Then the only other thing you would have to do it lengthen the steering linkages.

With wider A arms the fulcrum point is still the same length from the ball joints to the tread, so you wouldn’t have to use so much force to turn the bars like wider offset rims. The question then becomes would it hold up? Due to the welds that would be required would it weaken the metal around the area enough cause cracks during riding?

Maybe you could try and email one of the manufacturors that make a-arms for other sport quads and see if they have a recommendation,or maybe if you have a friend with them on his sport quad you could take some time and see if they could be adapted,kinda like I did with the nerf bars on mine.

Back