99 Warrior hanging idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james c coyer

Reaction score
My engine has been converted to a vm36 carb, I have a hanging idle issue I was told it was a lean condition but I have changed pilot jet several times up to a 50 or 55 still hangs,I have checked for air leaks and have found none,I've tried several different Mikuni VM carbs with no change. The plug is dark black after just 15-20 minutes of run time ( plug was new).It does smoke (white).What else could it be?

you Are either burning oil or you are running too rich If you have a wake spark you might not be burning all of your fuel

My engine has been converted to a vm36 carb, I have a hanging idle issue I was told it was a lean condition but I have changed pilot jet several times up to a 50 or 55 still hangs,I have checked for air leaks and have found none,I've tried several different Mikuni VM carbs with no change. The plug is dark black after just 15-20 minutes of run time ( plug was new).It does smoke (white).What else could it be?
does the exhaust smoke clear up when it warms up. mine sill does this. It might be a worn out valve seal.

Back