91 Warrior rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rebuild 4/6 (fenders trimmed)

wow thats exactly how mine looked stock with white rims back 6 years ago, thankfully all the pink is gone. but i do like the gray fenders because they can have all kinds of scratches and even dirt on them but it doesnt stick out much. keep us posted how it comes along.

Ya mine had the white wheels. I painted them gunmetal with rim paint we use at work.

missouritrailrider said:
lol probe is kinda chicks car too......

I don't wanna keep jacking this thread for something totally unrelated but now I gotta defend myself... can you call any car with an aluminum block quad cam v6 engine that revs to 7,500 a "chick car?" It isn't some wimpy little l4 like nearly every small car out there. I think at least mine is kinda tough looking (granted there are definitely a lot of probes out there that look like pussy cars), but mine sure ain't peach with a cute body kit on it haha and it drives like a sports car.

i had my brother sandblast mine at work so i could polish them which turned them into a very light gray, better than the white i think, but i never got around to polishing them. but cool to see another one with the same color plastics here anyways.

91warrior said:
i had my brother sandblast mine at work so i could polish them which turned them into a very light gray, better than the white i think, but i never got around to polishing them. but cool to see another one with the same color plastics here anyways.

Any pics? I was thinking of restoring mine in some way.

Sure, you can make a rice burner fast, but why? My car is all stock and I plan to keep it that way instead of turning it into a grenade on wheels. It gets me around town and uses less gas than my truck, that's all I need it for. I bet mine still takes that little noise maker off the line, handles better, and best of all, it's not a Neon! But then again I shouldn't hate, my grandma had a Neon and she liked it so they can't be all that bad. ;)

I'll take a Mustang with a twin screw supercharger any day, I hate front wheel drives. I was really stepping out of my comfort zone when I bought that Probe and I'll probably never buy another front wheel drive car again, to me it's the absolute worst configuration for a performance car, all they want to do is spin the tires and make noise. ::)

Half my garage is being taken up by my cousin's Camaro right now, 88 Camaro with a built LT1 from a 70 Camaro in it, just waiting for his broke ass to get a real job so we can finish putting it back together. Wanna line 'em up and see how that cute little thing stands against a real car? ;D

And i'm not really "hatin" as you say it, to each his own. The whole tuner scene isn't my style, i'm a country boy through and through, and to see us rolling around in a bunch of imports would just throw the whole world out of balance I think.

BeastlyWarrior228 said:
are you just gonna sit here and brag about the ways you use your probe :eek:

I don't like talking to strangers about that sort of thing, i'd have to get to know you better first ;)

lol im a country guy too i love domestic cars had many and trucks as well but my mustang i used to have got flat smoked by a lightly modded srt-4 at place in country we used to drag race a lot back in high school days.

Any pics? I was thinking of restoring mine in some way.[/quote]

this is the most recent picture i have, was taken right after new front tires, can kind of see the sandblasted rim look
1106091711_0001.jpg

another of the most recent pictures, with brother broken warrior in background
1127091702.jpg

another, sorry for the blurry pictures, all by phone camera, and the snow reflecting of the fenders is messing with the pictures
1127091648.jpg

unhooked the lower control arm from the spindle at the ball joint, bolted the shock to the mounts, then set the weight of the fourwheeler down to compress the shock and reinstalled the ball joint and put nut back on and that was it. BUT these shocks have been discussed way to much and are not recommended because its said they can break the ball joint. i am in no way advertising to use these, i have had them on for 5 years with no problems. i broke a ball joint once and that was with Work shocks installed right before i went with these. so for the sake of not hijacking the thread and also for no more argument about the yfz450 shocks on this thread, there is another thread already started about yfz450 shocks that should be used to further any questions. sorry if that all sounds strange, but when i started here, i learned quick what to advertise and what not to advertise, so thats why i said all that. but hope i answered your question lol.

its a show car... i know how it feels, but you cant hate...my buddies cavy runs 13.74 @ 103.7 in a quarter and he is building a 2nd cavy for a show car.... but anyways good build on the quad

Now that I bought the Banshee rear shock. Im wondering once I mod the airbox will the K&N drop in fit?

It should because when you mod the air box to get the banshee shock to fit you are just modding the bottom of the air box where the air filter is not.

Cool! You blast the whole head? Is it stock bore? That will look interesting when installed. Your gunna love that banshee rear.

I had it bored 20 over from Magic Racing and they blasted the whole thing. I got that Banshee rear off a guy for $50 and he only drove it one before upgrading.

Back