350 Warrior wont run

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Csherrill87

Reaction score
I got a 2004-ish not quite sure of the year right now at work and cant look, anyways, was running fine, hit a water hole and cut out on me, push started it and got it back to the house, sat for a few days and wont run anymore. THINGS IVE CHECKED: has good blue spark, has compression of 105 to 115, cleaned carburetor out good, checked timing and valve lash, checked oil and it's good. Here's the issue: wont run, when I try to start it, while turning over it sounds like the ignition is retarded some and firing too soon because the engine will stop during the compression stroke, has blow back through carb a lot. But every now and then it sounds like it's about to start, but doesn't. Any ideas on what the heck is wrong?

ADDITION!!! IT IS A 2002 not a 2004ish sorry. But still no idea on what's going on with it yet. Anyone got any ideas for me to check?

Ive got one that does the same exact thing. Ive changed every ignition part, wiring harness, ect. still wont start or run wish i had an answer for you.... sorry

Ive got one that does the same exact thing. Ive changed every ignition part, wiring harness, ect. still wont start or run wish i had an answer for you.... sorry
Well, I am grateful for your time, I have worked on it, checked out so much stuff and still have no idea why it's not running still and I am running out of ideas on what's wrong

Back