350 raptor rpms high

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sectorootz

Reaction score
So I've recently brought a 2008 raptor 350.

The quad has a kn air filter and a FMF pipe. No idea if the carb has been jetted the quad starts and runs but seems to over rev and the rpms go real high have tried adjusting air/ fuel screw. If I was to pull the carb apart what jets would I need? Also the spark plug was black so I guess it's running too rich?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam.

Attachments

• PXL_20230601_171119750.jpg
    PXL_20230601_171119750.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Go 1 up on pilot and 2 or 3 up on main.
Thanks mate any number specifically? I will pull the carb apart today and take a look what's actually in there I feel like who ever had this quad before put these mods on and probably hasn't done anything to the carb.

Also does that plug look ok to you I'm not entirely sure? Cheers.

Go 1 up on pilot and 2 or 3 up on main.
Thanks mate any number specifically? I will pull the carb apart today and take a look what's actually in there I feel like who ever had this quad before put these mods on and had no

Also does that plug look ok to you I'm not entirely sure?

So today I pulled the carb apart cleaned everything messed with the fuel screw a bit had it running lovely then it cut out and nothing. Will not fire up again..

The numbers I think I managed to read on the jets. 140. 27.5. R60. I have no idea what this means and I may not be 100% correct as they are a nightmare to read. Any answers would be a massive help as the quad isn't even starting now!

If 22.5 was stock. Why would it be 40 plus with the filter and exhaust? Sorry I'm a little confused am new to all this hahaa. Cheers.

Sorry I meant 140. My mistake. I've seen on another post someone with the same set up running 150/25.

I've managed to pick some 146 and 150 jets. Put the 146 in and left the 27.5. As I'm still waiting for a order of jets to be delivered turned fuel screw out 2.5. And 3 turns still no luck the quad is just making a bogging sound and not starting this things driving me crazy haha!

Latest posts

Back