2nd time.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splitty

Reaction score
Newbie here.

Had this same problem with my 01 Wolverine also but it had other issues also so this is not a good comparison.

This is an 03, 350 wolverine.
It stalled after riding in the woods and creeks around my house.. Pulled the plug it was dry and had spark. Figured the carb got plugged and with a huge hill between us and the house I headed home to get some tools and carb cleaner. I pulled the carb cleaned it put it back together. Still cranked but wouldn't start. Pulled the plug again, it was soaked and had no spark. Getting dark and desperate I headed home again to get a pull strap. Tried to pull it up the hill couldn't make it. Headed home again to get a come along. While gone my buddy tried to start it and it lit up. He rode it all the home, stalling only one more time. Once home it sat for a bit while we cleaned them up. Went to start it, cranked but wouldn't start. Pulled the recoil and it fired up.
It sat for a couple weeks went out to start it, cranked but wouldn't fire. Pulled the recoil fired right up. Took some feed out back for the deer and it stalled in the woods. Let it sit for a bit and it started and made it home. We put it away for the winter.

Fast forward five long, bitter cold months. Went out today cranked it wouldn't fire, Pulled the recoil, fired first pull. Ran it for an hour trying to get it to stall but it ran perfect. Let it sit out in the snow for a couple hours went out hit the button and it fired up and ran good.
Not sure where to start with this one. I am mechanically inclined, have the service manual and have had two of these quads for a decade and a half almost. So I know I can fix it with a few ideas from you guys, if any of you have ever experienced this problem. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Splitty...

Nobody has run into a problem where it wont start off the button but will with the recoil?

Well we took the wolverine out yesterday, it ran fine for about 15 minutes. We were sitting there deciding where we wanted to go next and it just died. hit the start button and it cranked but wouldn't fire. Pulled the recoil it started but popped and backfired for a couple seconds then stalled again. Let it sit for about ten minutes it fired up and I rode it all the way home with no more issues. Man I hate these intermittent problems. I'm leaning towards the pulser coil because my other wolverine did some thing similar.

You figure it out mine does the same thing hit the start button cranks over and over.... just pull the recoil a bit fires right up...

Latest posts

Back