23" stock Vs 27" after market

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CableDWG2000

Reaction score
Replaced the stock tires with 27" Mud lites

Attachments

• IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 127
When I got the Wolverine It had a set of bad stock tires on it so I never got a chance to take it out with the 23" on it. I do now with it being stock I can get it to pull the front off the ground with a little bit of pull and shifting my weight towards the backof the seat.I was able to take it to Fl for some mild riding at my cusins house. I did not get to put it through the paces because of a bad front wheel bearing. I have that fixed now and I am going to take it out for a day of riding the weekend of March 23rd with so buddies. After that I will post and let everyone know how the stock Wolvey did with 27" tires.

Looks great!

I doubt he gained any topend at all, usually you'll lose it. I know when I went to 26" tires, I lost bottom and top, simply because of the added weight.

IT does look great with those wheels. I believe with taller tires you gain top end but lose bottom end. If i remember right. My 06 tops out at 50-51mph. To lose any more of that would suck. I think its slow as it sits. My polaris scrambler 500 eats my wolvy for breakfast. My scramber is 100% stock and hits 65 ish an pulls the front wheels up without an effort. Let us know how she is after you put her through the paces.

Well technically yes taller tires give you more topend, but not when they're so much heavier. Mine was faster on the top with the stock tires by about 5mph compared to the 26" tires I put on.

Definitely looks great though!

I took the Wolvey out last weekend and put it through the paces with the 27" Mud Lites. I have to say it did really good turning them. But I had to sell the 27" with my Honda Foreman so now I will be receiving some 25" Mude Lites XL and Rims today. I decided to go with the 25s because the cost was more in my price range and the 27s would only offer 1" more ground clerance. I will post pics when I get them mounted.

New shoes

25" Mude Lite XL on 12" STI rims. $610.00 deleivered to the door mounted and ready to go. (www.mudthrowers.com) Deleivered within 24 hours of putting in the order. It will be a few weeks before I get a chance to try them out.

Attachments

• IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 69
I actually like the look of the 25" a little more than the 27's. The 27's looked killer but IMO they are a bit large for the machine but the 25's look more "appropriate" on there. OH and the rims are freekin sweet too!

I love the Mudlite XL's, had them on our Wolvy for a couple years now.

Thanks. I like those rims more all so. I sold the 27s with my Fourman and went with the 25s because of cost. I could not justify spending the extra money for 27s witch only give another inch of ground clearance plus more weight. The Wolvey turned the 27s just fine. I plan on running the 25s this weekend.

I also agree as bad azz as the 27's looked, they were to big. I know the stockers are 23", so I think the 25's are a nice upgrade. Nice job.

I had 26" carlise atc's on mine with a clutch kit, k&n filter, HMF pipe and dynojet kit. The add on's by far made up for the doggish feel of my stock wolverine and changing to the 26's didn't take away much power from the bottom/mid anyway. If you're a trail rider you are probably not riding most of them at 50MPH anyway.

Back