2006 wolverine carb Qs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13663

Reaction score
so i have a replcement carb on my 350 2x4 wolvie. it has a 115 and 55 jet in it, does that sound right? also the diaphagm on the carb only opens with positive pressure, not vacuum.is that normal?

Hmm pilot seems awfully large, main jet seems awfully small. Normally a pilot will be in the 40-45 for a stock bike and the main jet will be a 135-142.5. Hope you didn't buy a caltric aka china mikuni copy. You would be better off rebuilding the factory carb as they are relatively simple and made to actually work for your bike. I have experience with it and other than scavenging it for broken hard parts, the china copies will never run right. Trust me, I tried lol.

well ****... yes it is an ebay "zoom zoom" carb. the original was broke and lost.. so i guess i need to source a stock carb then... any places to recommend?

To ETRNL: I found a cheap used carb in need of rebuild and rebuilt it off of ebay. The carbs are completely re-buildable top to bottom. If you can't do it yourself take it to someone who can.

Forum wide Lesson: I bought a warrior 36mm "zoom zoom" as an upgrade/repair first and some mikuni jets. First, it flooded for no reason, band aid fixed it. Got the bike to run, jetting was lean so swapped jets. Jet was good but bike stumbled really bad on accel, tried to rejet found out that the tube the main jet goes in doesn't have stop tangs like factory, can't get jet out with out wrecking carb. So I used the upper half of a badly in need of rebuild BTM36 mikuni. Swapped as many parts as I could. I realized that not only are the china carbs bad they are not meant to be rebuilt in any way as needle seat is pressed in instead of screwed in like factory. So I re-used the caltric float bowl on the mikuni upper. Ran better but still ran with a stumble I couldn't tune out with jets. So I started looking at the in need of rebuild Mikuni float bowl vs. the caltric. They are almost identical but there is an 1/8 thick pressed in brass spacer above the accelerator pump on the caltric and not the mikuni. This meant that the caltric bowl couldn't deliver a full pump shot so when at wot engine would always go lean briefly when the throttle was first wacked. I then ordered a accel pump rod kit for the mikuni, as the old one was bent. I now had essentially a fully rebuilt mikuni, and the bike runs like an animal.

The lesson everyone else can take from this is STAY AWAY FROM CHI-WAN CARBS

The BTM 36 mikuni is a factory upgrade it is actually the carb off a warrior yfm350. It is a mechanical slide type with an accelerator pump and is 2mm bigger bore than the wolverines stock carb which is a vacuum slide type BST 34, its just a nice performance upgrade. It uses a dedicated intake manifold which can be had new for like 10$-15$ from amazon or ebay. The best part is it bolts in to the factory location so other than the intake all the stock parts can be used.

Either way you really can't go wrong, the BST 34 will be the cheapest overall. If your bike has some other mods like a pipe, air box / air box mods, cam, etc., etc. The BTM 36 will be sure to net a couple extra ponies.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so on eBay search " Yamaha warrior 350 carburetor " and some rebuilt units will pop up. They around $200 +/-. However, if you go to procaliber.com and select 2006 Yamaha wolverine 2WD, carburetor, a brand new OEM mikuni is only $210 with Free shipping. Also if you haven't tried the zoom zoom carb yet at least give it a shot. On bone stock bikes they apparently do work??!!!??..... But only a if bone stock, if it works great if not, hawk it for a few bucks as a parts carb lol.

the carb picturd in the first post is a zoom zoom carb. do these use the same throttle cables?

Do you actually have a clip on the needle? My needle is held in by a pieceof plastic that snaps into place with a couple washers and plastic bushing.

Back