2004 Wolverine-Shocks and Rear Rack question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doeweb

Reaction score
I'm not very mechanically inclined but not afraid to learn. I have a rather stupid questions.

To adjust the stock shocks for a softer ride as my wife rides the Wolverine. If I go clockwise which is bring the shock up,does that mean it will be softer?

I also got a brand new rear rack that came with it and the owner never installed it. When I place it on the back it appears that I need to drill holes? I don't see any areas on the plastic that indicates to drill here. The rear rack is a factory OEM part but thought it was odd that Yamaha didnt have the holes pre drilled on it's plastic?

Thank you for any help!

DW,

The shocks have a simple adjustment, your bike originally should have come with a spanner wrench to fit the adjustable collar on the lower part of the shock (just below the large spring). To adjust for a softer ride one would loosen the collar ( extend the large spring) the collar has several increments to adjust for different riding style and weights.

As far as the rack goes I can't answer that one,my 06 doesn't have a rack but I want to install one....care to sell?? :lol:

Thank you for the reply, the rack I have is for a 2004 Yamaha Wolverine, will that fit yours?

Sorry to bump this; I haven't been on in awhile.

Yes, you'll have to drill the rear fenders. You should see the circles indicating where to drill on the underside of the fender. I just used a hole saw drill bit that matched the size.

Back