200 YARD DRAG RACE... YAMAHA VS ARTICAT

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lips450

Reaction score
Well guys i just finished installing by big bore kit into my wolverine last night & took it out for some racing today. I brought out the range finder and set the race up at 200 yards, what i went up against was a 2008 stock 700 grizz with 26"mud bugs, 2008 660 grizz with 27" bud bugs, 2005 articat 650 chiped & cluched with 28" mudzillas and last my 2006 wolverine 488bbk with 26" outlaws. We all lined up on pavment so no one slips off the line & As soon as the guy droped his hand my wolverine pulled out in front of the rest about one bike length and slowly started to pull away off the line, in sec place was the 650 articat about one bike length and a bit behind me followed by the 660 grizz and then the 700 grizzly. This stayed almost like this to about 100 yards as i was now about a bike and a half ahead follwed by now the 660 just nuging ahead of the 650 articat & 700 grizz as all three of them are so close. about 175 yards im still in front about a bike length follwed by the 700 grizzly thats right on my ass, then the 660 grizz and 650 articat. As i can see the end of the finish line coming up im still ahead but the 700 grizzly front tire is equal with my rear tire as the 660 grizz was about a bike length behind the 700 and the 650 articat right behind the 660 grizz. As i crossed the finish line the 700 grizz front tire was about where my gas tank was followed by the 660 grizz then 650 articat. So not to piss anybody off cause i know this is a grizzly sight i just wanted to let you know how my wolverine 488 big bore kit did against the big bore quade. I love this bike now i have a small quade with big bore power, i am so happy im not done yet all i did was installl the big bore kit i still havnt got my hot cam, & ported & polished the heads, I'll do this next month do to funds. You guys have no idea how happy i am knowing the i came out ontop of this race. But the funny thing is i have so much money tied up on this quade that i could have bought a 800 renagade and still have money left over.

GUESS I SHOULD SAY THE WEIGHT OF EVERYONE...

DRIVER OF 700 GRIZZ 240LBS
DRIVER OF 660 GRIZZ 190LBS
DRIVER OF 650 ARTICAT 200LBS
DRIVER OF 488 WOLVERINE 180LBS

THIS IS WHAT I POSTED AT HIGH LIFTER CAUSE I KNOW THOSE GUYS ARE ALL BIG BORE GRIZZLYS. NOW THEY KNOW JUST A LITTLE MOTOR WORK THE SMALLER ATV PULLS HARDER. I LOVE IT SMALL PACKAGE WITH BIGE BORE POWER

P.S THANK YOU SO MUCH ctateusa1 IF IT WASNT FOR YOUR POSTINGS ON HOW YOUR 488BBK WENT I WOULDNT HAVE BOTHERD WITH THIS KIT. IM STILL ALL SMILES KNOWING I HAD TO LOOK BACK THE HOLE RACE TO FIND OUT WHERE EVERYONE WAS. GUESS NOW I NEED TO INVEST IN REAR VIEW MEARS LOL I FKN LOVE IT!!

LOL, you finished the build yesterday and raced it today? You're hardcore.

Latest posts

Back