$200 Quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jccuiser78

Reaction score
I got this for my son,found it in back of a house I'm working on.
1986 Suzuki LT230S.I started it up(kickstart :p)and it actually ran good.Now its time for some maintance/light mods.My kid is going to be stoked when he sees it,it is perfect for him.Tell me what you think and what I should do for/to it,I know the gun rack is gone.JC
DSC00915.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

Man, that is great. Awesome find for $200.

How easy will it be to get that green paint off of there, or is it worth it?

Your son should have a great time with that thing, and it didn't hurt the pockets at all for 200 bucks. For as old as it is that thing looks good. Tires look like they are in good shape..

there is a forum for that thing, i was looking at one for 800, evreybody says theyre weeelie machines....the only thing i suggest is a hood conversion and some new plastics and also a pipe

ya nice your son should love it just clean that up a lil and put some modds and he should be good

i've had my share of fun on those things back in the day...with my experiences...the throttle would stick, so maybe get a twist throttle for it, and definatly some wheel spacers...and fab up a direct link shifter on it...thats what i would do.

nice find man, mabye a new set of plastics and some other touch up's and that will be a good lookin quad. Looks like somethin is outa aligment in the rear end, the chains curvin a bit

nice find man, mabye a new set of plastics and some other touch up's and that will be a good lookin quad. Looks like somethin is outa aligment in the rear end, the chains curvin a bit
I noticed that too,alot of things on this bad boy are curved and wierd looking-its fun starting to check it out.I have heard that the chain jumps off alot,resulting in cracked engine case.This one looks o.k.I think I will strip it down a bit to start.......

there is a forum for that thing, i was looking at one for 800, evreybody says theyre weeelie machines....the only thing i suggest is a hood conversion and some new plastics and also a pipe
Yes,sir there is a forum for this,I am deeply sorry

get new throttel box and cables and get plastic and tires and rims and pipe and filter then it will be good thats what im doing to my frends

That's a really good deal. What I would do since I was looking at one before myself, is buy new plastics, strip it down and make sure the frame is strong cause I saw some rusty spots on there, powder coat the frame, clean up the engine and make it nice and shiny. Then just do basic maitenance on it and make sure everything is ok so your son doesn't get hurt. Then from there you can start modding it.

for 2 bills you'd be dumb not to take it. get rid of the paint if possible, clean it up real good, looks like those bars are pretty whipped. a new set would be nice along with an exhaust. then he should be set for a while.

Latest posts

Back