1987 warrior wont start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87sambo

Reaction score
My warrior is really starting to piss me off :p. I replaced the starter/solenoid, and the 15 amp fuse. the ignition coil has a thin wire that comes out the side and it doesnt have a connector on it, there is an orange wire and a brown wire coming from the CDI and they dont have connectors either. when i hit the start button i get nothing. i know the starter is good because i tested it and the spark plug is brand new. when i replaced the timing chain i inspected the stator and it looked fine and there were no broken/frayed wires. my battery is good. Any help is much appreciated because i have had this thing for two months and i really really want to ride it hahaha.

ok. what about the brown one??? and can i just use a twist type connector to connect them? since they have no connectors

the brown wire runs to several places on the bike (cdi,main switch, voltage reg,and stator) , orange wire to coil

your going to need these
harness.png

ok i went to test all my connections last night and i noticed that the there are 5 whit wires coming out of the stater that are tied into the plug that goes to the cdi
1362148604_zps59c1ca9b.jpg.html

so you dont think it will work the way its set up?? ag said his wiring looks messed up and thats where i am with this thing lol

Looks like someone tried to hook up a newer style plug to the old harness. I think Bones is right, you should probably try to get a different harness.

yah i would love to do that, but am i going to need to put a whole new stater/coil in it??? since he cut the wires coming from it and it doesn't have a plug.

Back