1987 Warrior Revival plans

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mswitz88

Reaction score
Hello all! New member from Waterloo,NY. Over the weekend I bought back a sentimental quad. My parents bought me an 87 warrior for my 15th birthday which I owned and lightly customized from ‘03-‘14 when I sold it. At the time I had just bought a house and didn’t have a place to ride. Life is very different now with 2 kids and a house with lots of farmland to ride on, and more disposable income. I regretted selling the quad back then. I saw the exact same quad for sale a few times in my area over the years in various states of disrepair and usually way overpriced (thanks covid). Well it popped up on marketplace over the weekend and the dead giveaway was the Lanes Yamaha sticker I put on the front sprocket cover. Needless to say, I jumped on it so I can give the old girl the proper rebuild and TLC she deserves. I’ll be using this group as a resource as my new winter resto-mod project gets under way. Unfortunately the previous owners have left it in rough shape (broken tie rods, missing bolts everywhere, no maintenance, melted air box, blown out shocks, loose suspension/bushings,etc.) so I’m planning a frame up rebuild and upgrade. She starts up and runs but I’m planning on completely refurbishing the motor as well. My 6 year old is into fixing things so I also plan on using it to get his feet wet in the garage so it should be a lot of fun! Thanks for adding me back to the family. I will begin a full build forum to track my progress once things settle down and I get rolling. Pics below are when I originally owned it circa 2006 (helmet on seat) to current.

Attachments

• 28C21EB6-1055-4140-9D0D-D20E58D60850.jpeg
    28C21EB6-1055-4140-9D0D-D20E58D60850.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 8C396F55-5151-4386-867A-C97017BB3338.jpeg
    8C396F55-5151-4386-867A-C97017BB3338.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum. Have fun with the refurbishing/rebuilding. Sure your young assistant is a big help.😁

Hi, have you started the full build yet?

Well come to the forum ....That's awesome man you story is alot like mine I sold my stroker probably over 10 years ago ... and just bought my custom parts and frame back after looking for my quad for over 7 years now its sitting in my basement slowly become what I want it to be

Back