07 Polaris Outlaw

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever notice that the people bagging on a particular bike do not own it and often have never ridden one. Too many people just are talking parrots and repeat what they have heard. :-*

I have always liked Yamaha and planned on getting a 700R and passing the 350 down to the wife. But the arrogance of the 700R owners is nauseating. You can hardly go into a post about a quad without some chest beating 700 owner coming in saying how great it is and everything else sucks including the topic of that particular thread.

The Outlaw will weigh the same as the 700 and be every bit as powerful if not more. Polaris had the 700 in house when making the 525 and know what the 700's performance is, so you can bet that they made the 525 with more horsepower to back up their claims.

People bitch that the Outlaw does not handle well, yet have never ridden one. Every single Outlaw owner loves the way they handle on the trails. I remember when 4x4 trucks started to come out with independant front suspension and EVERYONE said they suck and will never last. Try to find a new 1/2 ton 4X4 with a straight front axle today. IRS will require a little different riding style because they hook up so well in all conditions. Once you get use to this increased traction, my bet is you will love it more than a solid axle.

Their availability is going to be very limited. Even level 1 Polaris dealers can only get 2 at first. Then with the second order being placed at the end of February you will still not see them on showrooms till late spring middle summer.

If I get tired of dragging my ass on all these trails, I may have to have a 525 in the garage with the other toys. ;D

Ever notice that the people bagging on a particular bike do not own it and often have never ridden one. Too many people just are talking parrots and repeat what they have heard. :-*

I have always liked Yamaha and planned on getting a 700R and passing the 350 down to the wife. But the arrogance of the 700R owners is nauseating. You can hardly go into a post about a quad without some chest beating 700 owner coming in saying how great it is and everything else sucks including the topic of that particular thread.

Well considering It looks like Im the only one in this thread with a 700 Ill take that as directed to me.

I never mentioned anything about a 700 in my post. I also never bashed the quad , I simply stated I dont think IRS is going to replace a straight axle in sport quads anytime soon. I must not be the only one that feels this way because there is only 1 on the market. I also stated that just because a manufacturer makes claims that doesnt always hold true in the real world. This is from any company not just Polaris.

Just because something isnt for me and I have reservations about it doesnt make it a bad quad. I dont like any of the 450's either but its just my preference over what I want out of my quad and has nothing to do with whats faster or better. So if just stating some of my feelings on something is bashing then i guess Im guilty. :eek:

As I stated above I think it will be a good quad and for the right type of rider will be a good fit, but for the majority of sport riders the irs still needs some work. Advances in technology is good for the sport so in that regaurd, I commend Polaris for being the first to come out with something as they often have been. The way it sounds by about mid 07 you will see a 525 predator and that is something that could really give some others a run for there money. Sorry my chest is getting sore Ill stop beating it now. ;D

I hear the 525 will bee about 400lbs, thats great but I was talking about predators being heavy. I don't see how comparing the front suspension of a pickup truck to the rear suspension of a sport quad is at all productive. I have ridden a 500 outlaw and I wasn't impressed. It was unpredictable and extremely unnerving. Jumping it was a nightmare. I can see how some people would love it though, no more getting hung up on ruts.

Bberck,

I in no way meant you, or anyone on this site. Sorry for the confusion!!! You are very cordial on all the sites you post on and only state things you believe to be facts yourself.

But I think you know which sites I am talking about and how some of the 700 guys are a little zeaolous and quick to trash anything else on 4 wheels. ;) Even to go as far as post pics of their 700 in every forum available. ::)

As far as mentioning the 4x4 that was only to show how things that are resisted at first are not always bad. You are to young to remember the introduction of independant suspension to four wheel drive vehicles. Everyones panties were in a bunch about this. But it turned out to be a good thing. My only point is give new technology a chance before jumping on a band wagon to criticize it for being different.

NP its cool :cool:

As for the over zealous part I do agree but i think that is with High Performance quad not just narrowed to 700's lol

Like i said the reason I like the 700 is probally the same reason alot of other people dont like it. I like the soft suspention and comfortable ride. The 450's are just to stiff for me and I feel more wore out riding them even though they are lighter. Just a sign of getting old I guess lol

Kinda like trading in a sports car for a HP Cadillac instead

when i gave the list of the known problems, i wasn't saying not to get it either. It's just something to look into before buying a completley new bike/design. You don't want to buy it, and have to repair it after the first ride.
I was looking to possibly get an Outlaw myself after I had saved the $$, but I didn't want to lay out more $$ then need for the repairs. I did a lot of research!

ya well we all have our own opinons. But I still think that the Outlaw will be my quad choice. I wont be modding it so I don't have to worry. But I may not get one until the end of school( school has just started )O well, when I get the warrior sold it will highly contribute to the payments for it and i'm going to be working full time in the summer so that will get me some cash.

Well I have the DVD they sent me and it beats all other quads through the timed trail. What they did was time the quad to go through this section of a trail a little rocky and timed each quad to see which one was the fastest I dont have the exact times but you can guess which one won. I like that its a 525(510cc) and alos that they joined with KTM, thats whats in the new Outlaw. Hopefully by this spring I will be financing a new one. I think there like 10 grand.i'm making like $90 a week which is enough to pay for it. ( it will be like $200 a month for like 3 years.. so about $75 a week )

i got the same thing, and if you didnt notice it was all played out....of cource they are going to make their product look best but i guarentee if it was real life that thing would be in the dust, its all played out and if you dont think so go and watch it again....they could have a polaris factory rider do all of the yamaha stuff or could have multiple people do it and the skill level is never going to be right cause im sure they didnt hire a yamaha factory rider and a polaris factory rider to do it

in the turning and rocks thing on it, you can see that the polaris goes into the turns faster than all the others...it is planned to make it look better

.......I was looking to possibly get an Outlaw myself after I had saved the $$, but I didn't want to lay out more $$ then need for the repairs. I did a lot of research!

Same here. Almost all the problems with the Outlaw so far have been very minor and easy fixes, except one. The scratches on the inside of the rear rims is a biggy that Polaris will not admit to yet. At first they tried to say rocks were getting lodge in there. After seeing all the pictures of this of how they are all identical and symmetrical to each other it looks like the bottom of the a-arm is hitting the rim. A rock would make a god awful noise till it came out and not leave the perfect circle pattern they are seeing. Of course nobody knows what issues have been fixed with the introduction of the 525 yet.

One thing for sure, this time next year there will be another quad in the family. Not sure if it will be the Yamaha 700R, Predator 500 or Outlaw 525. Leaning real hard towards the 525 though. mmmmmm KTM power.

Back