01 660 Raptor Shock/Warrior 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris724

Reaction score
Hi i have just got a Raptor 660 Shock for my warrior project & i had a quick question...When i received the shock it didn't come with the dog bone or linkage so do i need it or do i just use the stock linkage from the warrior ? i am asking cause when i go to install the shock to the dogbone it seems like there is slack/sloppy between the shock spacers and linkage...should there be space at all ? It's not much but it doesn't seem right to me , Everywhere that i have read said the 2001 was a drop/in direct replacement fit wise & i haven't read anything about if you need to use the stock linkage from the warrior or raptor or if there is anything else to know i would really appreciate it alot

Thanks

How much slop are we talking? Either way, you should be able to remedy it fairly easy with some bushings/washers.

There is not alot of play at all side to side but more like twist play, it is because of the bearings in the rear shock they are swivel like bearings...Like i said every post i read said the only moddification needed is the res bottle which i knew about...But no other info...I would like to talk to someone that also has this shock & what they had to do cause i bought it going off posts & info on site here saying it is a drop in replacment

& again not sure if this is supposed to have play like that or not but with no info to go from im not sure

Thanks

There is not alot of play at all side to side but more like twist play, it is because of the bearings in the rear shock they are swivel like bearings...Like i said every post i read said the only moddification needed is the res bottle which i knew about...But no other info...I would like to talk to someone that also has this shock & what they had to do cause i bought it going off posts & info on site here saying it is a drop in replacment

& again not sure if this is supposed to have play like that or not but with no info to go from im not sure

Thanks
Hey did you ever get any feedback on this? Or do you have anything you learned? I just bought a rappy 660 shock and am about to mount it myself. Was wondering if i should grab a linkage off ebay or use the stock one.

Hey did you ever get any feedback on this? Or do you have anything you learned? I just bought a rappy 660 shock and am about to mount it myself. Was wondering if i should grab a linkage off ebay or use the stock one.
It should fit just fine in the stock linkage. Just lift it up a lot.

Back