No spark??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson Laenger

Reaction score
I have a 89 warrior 350 . When I got it, there was no key so I got a new one plugged it in and no spark the lights turn on but no spark I replace the coil ,spark plug,still same thing it tries to start, but no spark. So I tried to pull it behind my truck and bump start it and it wouldn’t bump start. Then I figured out I turn the key off and it would bump start is that normal? How do I test the stater coil if that’s the problem anybody help me

I have a 89 warrior 350 . When I got it, there was no key so I got a new one plugged it in and no spark the lights turn on but no spark I replace the coil ,spark plug,still same thing it tries to start, but no spark. So I tried to pull it behind my truck and bump start it and it wouldn’t bump start. Then I figured out I turn the key off and it would bump start is that normal? How do I test the stater coil if that’s the problem anybody help me
First question,was the key switch that you installed a OEM Yamaha key and switch, or was it an aftermarket switch and key from Amazon or eBay or online ? On the warriors, especially 88-89, the aftermarket switches are NOT wired to work correctly. Most online switches that are not OEM( Yamaha original) will say that they work on 88-89 warriors and sometimes 90 thru 95 ,but they will not. The aftermarkets are wired to fit newer model, and even then, they rarely work. I would make sure you install only OEM Yamaha key and switch for 89 model. The symptoms you mentioned are what a wrong switch will do. Hope this helps get it to start.

First question,was the key switch that you installed a OEM Yamaha key and switch, or was it an aftermarket switch and key from Amazon or eBay or online ? On the warriors, especially 88-89, the aftermarket switches are NOT wired to work correctly. Most online switches that are not OEM( Yamaha original) will say that they work on 88-89 warriors and sometimes 90 thru 95 ,but they will not. The aftermarkets are wired to fit newer model, and even then, they rarely work. I would make sure you install only OEM Yamaha key and switch for 89 model. The symptoms you mentioned are what a wrong switch will do. Hope this helps get it to start.
I appreciate your response. I got an OEM key switch installed it still no spark also I installed these LED headlights. I got off Amazon and they turn on but I hear a clicking noise every now and then I think from the starter coil they stay on 90% of the time but they go off and you start hearing this clicking sound

I appreciate your response. I got an OEM key switch installed it still no spark also I installed these LED headlights. I got off Amazon and they turn on but I hear a clicking noise every now and then I think from the starter coil they stay on 90% of the time but they go off and you start hearing this clicking sound
Also, I tried to bump start it being towed behind a vehicle, and it would start but only with the key in off position

Latest posts

Back