99 Warrior semi rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbjamm

Reaction score
Well, parts started showing up so thought I might as well do a progress thread. First pic is the front suspension since I never posted when I did it.

Swinger bearings and seals

Tusk +4 axle

Scored a Works Quadstar shock. It needs a little cleaning but in good shape

Gaskets

JE 366 10.5:1 piston and new valves

I will post more pics when the teardown begins, probably tomorrow.

Last edited:
Damn right finally!! I have been waiting for you to start a Build thread, Looks good already Lloyd, Lookin forward to see it all come together.

gonna be following this build
lots of pics Lloyd
and let the wrenching begin!!!

Well, got er tore down today

cylinder

old piston...stock compression 1mm over

head...can you tell it was burning a little oil?

still gotta measure rod clearance

side by side of pistons. new one looks WAY better. I like the shorter skirt on the JE

pic of plug. more oil burning evidence. this plug only had 2-3 hrs on it. I knew the valve seals were bad but wow

Also thinking about ditching the S1HC for some heavy springs and a Web .390 or something. Need to do some research but would like some opinions. And also not sure on carburetion. Thinking of trying to use the stock Mikuni but also thinking FCR39 as I have a bunch of jets but they are pricey. Oh well, whats a couple hundred more.

Gonna start on the rear end tomorrow. That's all for now. More pics later.

Well I got the swinger off today. The fricken bolt needed heat to come out and the bearings are froze, yet somehow the swinger still swang.

Man does this thing need cleaned

The damn rusted bolt. Think I'll install some zerks

Axle comparison...I really like the beefiness of the Tusk axle...

Now it's time to start cleaning everything.

Well I worked on the swinger bearings almost all afternoon. They were a BIATCH but I finally got them out. Took a lot of heat, hammering and cussing. lol Hopefully tomorrow I can get the cam and valve springs ordered and get some degreaser or brake cleaner so I can start getting the rear end back together and then yank the motor and degrease and clean up the frame.

Well I got the Webcam .390 and springs ordered today. Should be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll have the jug and head back by then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Got rear end back together. Tusk axle is awesome and I like the feel of the new shock when I push down on it. Got motor pulled and harness off. Now need to power wash the frame. Cam shipped today and machine work should be done next week. I'll post more pics in a few days.

I thought about it but I didn't want to have to fab them up to fit and I didn't want black. But his were pretty damn nice. I almost did it.

yeah, they would have been awesome on my 01 but i to didnt want to have to fab them besides i already have the Alba ProElites on mine..

Back