Street Legal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryder133

Reaction score
I just wish that my Yamaha Warrior would be street legal so when ever I feel like it I could hop on and ride to the trails without waiting till the weekend to load it on the truck for a 15 min drive.

A month ago me and my friend where hanging out and he had a Go-Ped thing that he was riding around. After we where hanging out in my drive way (with his go-ped and my ATV) and a cop car stops in front of my house and asked questions to my friend like where he rides it and stuff and let him on his way and told me to stop riding my ATV around my backyard because it was making people mad?? :argh: IDK I dont get why my friend can drive a weedwacker around and I can drive my ATV around? Can I make it street legal somehow? Has anyone tried?

I can't help you were you are except to check out your local laws about it I know in texas you can make them streat legal

In a lot of states as long as the height is right and it has turn signals, mirrors, and brake/head lights you can legalize them for street use.

I am in Canada so it may be harder and don't know if I need a license or if there is age restrictions/drivers license

Got and email from the department of transportation that I can make it street legal if I get Yamaha/Dealer to deem it safe for the road, But that's all they said.

Last edited:
lol put a truck license plate on it and go rip around the streets to confuse the police ;D

^ Hilarious! This is how it would go down...
Cop, "Sir.... what kindo machine is that there?"
Me, "Well... ummm... this here is one of those space quads from the future!!!"
Cop, "That there appears to one of them there A.T.V.'s..."
Me, "Ummmmm..... *panic* umm.... nope:D"

^ Hilarious! This is how it would go down...
Cop, "Sir.... what kindo machine is that there?"
Me, "Well... ummm... this here is one of those space quads from the future!!!"
Cop, "That there appears to one of them there A.T.V.'s..."
Me, "Ummmmm..... *panic* umm.... nope:D"
Me, *slowly reaches for the start button and turns it on*
Cop, "Sorry sir but could you please turn off your engi...BRAAAAAAAAPPPPP
*police sirens* :atv: :evilface:

Well if you can do it in California surely you can do it anywhere in the states! That state has the most strict road laws.

I Call bs. that is just someone messing with peeps on utube. California has the hardest emitions in the country, 2nd is NY. I live in Oregon, we don't even have to smog our cars like in Cali and are not allowed to run any velicle on the road that was not made to be street legal

I know this is an old thread but after my second email this is what I got back I'll be phoning today

Thank you for your enquiry.

For information on vehicle inspections and making a vehicle street legal, you may contact Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement of the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure in Victoria by telephone at: (250) 952-0577, or by fax at: (250) 952-0578, as they should be able to assist you. To reach a long-distance telephone number from your area if you are calling from within BC, you may contact Service BC at the applicable number listed below for a toll free transfer. The web site may be visited at: http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/. The mailing address is: PO Box 9250, Stn Prov Gov't, Victoria, BC V8W 9J2. You may contact the office via e-mail at: [email protected].

The Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) handles motor vehicle registrations and insurance. You may contact the ICBC Insurance Headquarters in North Vancouver at: (604) 661-2800 or toll free at: 1-(800) 663-3051 (available across North America). Alternately, you may visit the web site at: www.icbc.com. Unfortunately, this office does not have a direct e-mail address. You may wish to choose "Contact Us" on the web site, in order to correspond with them electronically.

Hours of Operation: 7:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, except on statutory holidays.
In Vancouver (604) 660-2421
In Victoria (250) 387-6121
Elsewhere in BC 1-(800) 663-7867 (toll free)

--Original Message--
Date: 9/25/2011 11:55:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: General comment/feedback

Below is the result of your feedback form at
(https://extranet.gov.bc.ca/forms/gov/contact/index.html).

It was submitted by [email protected] ()
on Saturday, September 24, 2011 at 22:49:07
-----------------------------------------------------------------

related: Transportation and Motor Vehicles

message: I have been wondering for a long time here in British Columbia if ATV's can be made street legal. If It would be able to do the speed limit, I had my drivers license, and the ATV was modified to meet street driving needs.

Please reply as soon as you can and if it can be made street legal in any way at all please tell me the necessary steps.

Thank you - Atticus Young

reply: yes

email2: [email protected]

email_address_confirm: [email protected]

carbonCopy: Y

Send Message: Send Message

But then it takes all the fun out of riding on the roads. It would be legal then:(

Back