Im installing a turbo on my warrior, Pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surftouch

Reaction score
Im installing a turbo on my warrior, Pics, VID!!

Ok so Ive had a few warriors in my time, and im just a little board with them, so yesterday I got to thinking, Ive turbo charged 40 hondas, and a harley f150, Why not do it to the warrior. Im going to make it a suck through system, making the turbo stright to the head, and the carb on the intake of the turbo. Heres the pics after night one, 30 mins ago, I just removed some stuff out of the way, and mounted the turbo.

well tried pics but too big, need help editing them

Last edited:
pics uploaded, not the greatest but ill get more tomorrow, hopefully get exhaust mounted and maybe charge pipes

wow, that's nuts. i feel bad for the botton end though. already weak as water imo. bet it'll be fun.

OMG!! That turbo is soooo cute!!!

Is that one if the IHi or whatever turbos off the older bluebirds or whatever??
(Came onseveral different lil cars)
Its about the smallest turbo one can find.. lol

anyways, once you get this thing running, VIDS!!!!!

just wondering what else you have planned to go with the turbo?

wideband AF gauge, all that kinda stuff. stock carb? or aybe theres something more practical?

just curious.

kewl as hell though!!!

yeah ill run an lm1 wideband just for tuning, but ill take it off when riding in the woods, im gonna just jet the stock carb reall big on the main jet and see where it gets me. this is only going to be a max of 5psi setup. heavy duty clutch with heavy duty springs.

Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I get make some more headway

why only a max of 5 psi? get a lower compression piston and run more than 5 psi.

So where does the carb go in all of this. I'm not a huge turbo guy but seems cool. Just wanna know hoe its all gunna work.

If you lower your compression it will take more boost to make the same power, as it would if I kept it stock compression if lower boost. The carb will go on the front of the turbo, making the turbo suck the fuel from the carb.

What powers the turbo? You gunna reroute the exhaust? I suppose I have some learning to do.

More pics tonight , doing exhaust work tonight, looking good right now, shop is a boiling 88 degrees.

here are more pics and one vids, going together smooth,

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

pretty awesome, warriors already run hot, so im worried about running temps on that thing definitely an oil cooler on it and maybe an e fan...you gonna use any forged internals?

sweet!

ya, 5 psi is prolly plenty, especialy on stock internals!!!
most turbo engines use low compression pistions n stronger internals.. lol

i used to have a link to a calculator program that youcould use for tunning such things, based on engine flows, pressure etc etc all that kinda stuff.. woulda made it quite a bit simpler toget the jets n such right..

meh, it looks to me like you have a pretty good idea whats goin on with all that!! lol

Haha man thats going to be so awesome you should leave it stock lookin then race ppl for money HELL YA!!

Latest posts

Back