Gas leak outta the air vent tube??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
Gas pouring outta the air vent tube ,that is right above the air intake tube coming from the air box? (#2 in the picture below) Even when the bike is not running but the gas is on. WTF. Why and how to fix it? Is the needle valve getting stuck open?

airvent.jpg

yeah it should actually run out the drain on the bottom first tho.... your drank must be clogged with mud or something

This is a on a carb on Towchucks warrior. I'm just tryin to help him out. Go figure, we trade machines and the day after the carb gets all gunked up. WTF? hahah

Yeah, it sounds like the needle is stuck, mine did it a few times but actually got stuck in the closed position, opposite of your situation. But if stuck open, the fuel would be running out of the vent line coming off the float bowl unless it was clogged. It almost seems impossible for it to be running out of the top vent, it would be dumping out of the throat of the carb as well at that point I would think.

For some reason on my carb the line that comes out of the bottom of the carb bowl is sure spitting alot of gas out. What should i do?

Tyler said:
For some reason on my carb the line that comes out of the bottom of the carb bowl is sure spitting alot of gas out. What should i do?

clean the damn thing! thats the answer to all carb problems(besides jetting)... if cleaning doesnt work then buy a rebuild kit (mostly for the new needle and seat)

That is crazy you fuel out the top like that.

Tyler said:
Make sure you drain valve is closed all the way.

the line from the bottom of the carb is also an overflow... it doesnt seem like it it but if/when you take the carb apart you will notice a brass pipe in the bowl that leads to that line... when ever the fuel level gets too high it flows into the pipe and out the bottom of the bowl.... so either your drain isnt closed like hatfield said or else your needle is sticking open and it is overfilling the bowl

Back