Works shocks solid bushings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeessfore

Reaction score
So like alot of other my works shock bushings failed. I read a number of posts and it seems the bushings arent the best. So I decided to make my own with bronze sleeve and chrome steel sleeves.
Bronze was 7/8"OD

First remove the old bushings, mine fell out lol.

20130206_225856_zpse6e71807.jpg

Here you can see the new and old together.

20130206_225902_zps763d2b8c.jpg

Now take an put some silicone lube in bushing mount and press BOTH bushings in with vise.

20130206_230220_zpsc703c476.jpg

Thats all. Notice the 10mm stock bolts fit perfect in sleeve with no play.

20130206_230639_zps40a0e20e.jpg

20130206_230558_zpsa57cc5bc.jpg

20130206_231336_zps8545e154.jpg

Last edited:
The materials cost less then $20. I ordered the bronze pieces from McMaster.com and the steel I had to get from Ace hardware because I ordered for a 8mm bolt on accident.

There is a reason why they bushings were rubber, and why mine on my fox's work on a split ball and cap system, and why stockers have dowel and ring system. I guess they need to be able to move around on the bolts.....

I'm sure you'll be fine but I have never seen a solid bushing in ANY atv shock

On a side note, they sure do look nice!

They do roll inside that's why I used bronze on chrome steel. Ive used same types on air ride setups That's why I decided to use this design.

I figured they roll, but what about flexing up and down as every other shock does?

But anyways, I'm sure they will be just fine. I think the flex is there to eliminate any minor issues in alignment and for ease of install.

Guess ill find out. I can't see it beeing a problem. Many yfz450/raptors use them for a arm bushings. Minitrucks on bags flex a lot more then I think my quad will but we shall see. Everyone doubted my solid intake boot also and its solid as day one.

Last edited:
Guess ill find out. I can't see it beeing a problem. Many yfz450/raptors use them for a arm bushings. Minitrucks on bags flex a lot more then I think my quad will but we shall see. Everyone doubted my solid intake boot also and its solid as day one.

I'm interested to fing out how they hold up as well man cause at $30 a side from works I really want somthing a little longer lasting. Nice job let us know how they do.

Back