1999 Yamaha Warrior SE/Build/Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRSZILLA

Reaction score
Hey guys...I bought this Warrior about a month or so ago, Talked to the Guy on the phone & asked him questions about the quad Ect...Main Questions where has it been rolled or welded in any way ? He said no & that it ran good, Didn't smoke Ect...So me & my son decided to meet up with him & pick it up, We got there & it was starting to get dark & i gave it a quick look over & decided to buy it...Got it home & turned the garage lights on & i new right there i had made a bad choice...Lol

The Frame is Junk, Steering Stem is Bent, it needs Every Bolt, Nut, Bearing, Seal, Airbox, Exhaust Ect...

Anyway i decided to keep it being that i met with a guy close to me that parts out quads & has alot of Warrior part so i seen his ad on Craigslist for a really nice 1999 350 warrior frame for $50 Frame is real nice, Still has clear coat on it so i picked it up & if it wasn't for the Frame i would of prob just took a loss & sold it

Here are a few Pic's as i started to tear it down

Edit: Sorry i think i posted this in the wrong section...I meant to Post it to the Build Progress Log's section

Attachments

• DSC05477.jpg
    DSC05477.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05478.jpg
    DSC05478.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC05479.jpg
    DSC05479.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the build. You got a nice pair of front shocks there and a set of gold rims, my favorite lol.

Thanks...$800 & i had to drive a pretty good ways, & Yea the shocks aren't bad the rear is shot im pretty sure & the gold rims though you can't really see that good in the pic's they are in really bad shape...all tore up around the bead

Can the rims be flipped, I remember back in the day a buddy of mine had a Blaster & flipped the front rims but im not sure about the back...The insides are nice lol

Last edited:
If you flip them, it'll make it wider. On the rear, just flip and then your done. Works, great, I've had my rears flipped since I bought it. The fronts are not recommended to flip, because it will make it wider, but this will cause too much force to be applied to the balljoints and wheel bearings, causing premature failure. Also, the valve stems will hit the caliper, so you need to plug that valve stem hole and drill one in the other side, or get flush mount valve stems. Again, don't recommend doing the front, but flipping the rear is fine (you'll hear mixed opinions about if this will cause bending and other issues, but I personally haven't ever had an issue with it, and I don't see how it would make bending a rim easier.)

Thanks...Good to know, I honestly think i might just get new rims or a set of used but in good condition...I would prefer the look of Aluminum over the Gold

Aluminum one's should be easy to find for a good price. The gold ones are the hard ones to find.

i had my rears flipped for a long time i bent my axle but i got into a crash with another quad but i think either way it would have bent.

My friend has had his warrior for 15 years and has had the rear rims flipped the entire time. He rides it like he stole it and hasn't bent his stock rear axle yet. The whole 'flipped rear rims will bend an axle' thing is pure myth. I saw one guy bend his rear axle with flipped rims but that may have had something to do with the 20 foot plus high jump and subsequent flipping after he smashed into the ground. Forgot to mention my friend with the flipped rims checks in at around 300 lbs give or take a double quarter pounder and spends more than half of his riding time on just the rear wheels. Flipped front wheels looks good but it makes the warrior ride poorly along with being hard on ball joints. I flipped mine and quickly wished I hadn't but was happy with the result of flipping the rears.

My friend has had his warrior for 15 years and has had the rear rims flipped the entire time. He rides it like he stole it and hasn't bent his stock rear axle yet. The whole 'flipped rear rims will bend an axle' thing is pure myth. I saw one guy bend his rear axle with flipped rims but that may have had something to do with the 20 foot plus high jump and subsequent flipping after he smashed into the ground. Forgot to mention my friend with the flipped rims checks in at around 300 lbs give or take a double quarter pounder and spends more than half of his riding time on just the rear wheels. Flipped front wheels looks good but it makes the warrior ride poorly along with being hard on ball joints. I flipped mine and quickly wished I hadn't but was happy with the result of flipping the rears.
"give or take a double quarter pounder" :haha:

Appreciate the Info on rim flipping....Here's a few more Pic's of the initial Tear Down

Last edited:
Back