New to me warrior starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks336

Reaction score
Alright so I have looked around and looked around can't seem to find exactly what I'm experiencing.I recently bought an 04 warrior that had a starting issue.here's what I know for sure
1.it will turn over but not run by hitting start button
2.will crank and run by hooking jumper cables to a ground and positive to starter.
3.will start and run by pushing or pulling the four wheeler off

I got the four wheeler for a great deal,So therefor I'd like the troubleshooting to be minimum .thanks in advance..

Sounds like a weak battery to me. Have you tried a different battery. I've read somewhere before that a weak battery won't allow the electric start to get it going because the engine isn't cranking quite fast enough. Especially if low compression or stretched cam chain.

Going to try a different battery today,I'll post my results

Went out and bought a new battery today,I hooked it up and the four wheeler just turns over but won't run,it stopped turning over and I jiggled some wires here and there then it would turn over again.it will turn over for a while but won't start..it tried to start once or twice but never did.....I pulled it off with my 400 and rode a while,then tried to start it the start button again,after messing with it (choke then no choke throttle and no throttle)it cranked up..I turned it off,ate supper went back out to crank it with the battery and it wouldn't it just turned over....so it cranked when warm but cold start it never would,plus I believe there is a wiring problem somewhere

Check all connections. Especially the grounds.

Definitely check the grounds. I nearly had an infamous "Fritter Freak Out" because I didn't check all the grounds thoroughly. I got it straightened out but still can't find all of the "flying" tools.

I'll go over everything today,I'll be installing new tie rod ends as well..hopefully I can solve this starting issue

Ok so today was no help,the four wheeler has now stopped turning over by start button and even when I cross the syllenoid it just spins and never runs.pull the spark plug and it was dry.

Yes fuse was in good shape,little wire run to the ground.?and I'm getting power to my rev and nue lights...

Oh yeah gas will run out the bottom of the bowl and out the overflow with the screw out of the bowl but when crossing the syllenoid and hitting the gas the plug was still dry

Do you know how to check your timing and valve lash? When I got my warrior, It would crank over but not fire. I found out my cam chain was stretched AND my exhaust valve adjuster screw was laying at the bottom of my spring. I had 2 problems. If the valves don't open or open at the correct time, you won't get it to pull fuel in or be able to push exhaust out. It might have compression but the stroke would be out of time. If it is stretched, replace it. Don't try to adjust a tooth because you'll bend a valve. It's actually pretty easy to check.

I see that valves tend to be an issue with the warriors.what's the easiest way to check.?

Back